Lt. Commander
# 31
02-16-2012, 11:03 PM
The pack is great... but can we fix the vedek hat and put it where the rest of the uniform is selected.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-16-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm glad that the interior is more true to how it should be, but it seems like kind of a waste of money as long as the interiors server no purpose.

That said: PUT THIS AND THE TOS INTERIOR INTO THE FOUDRY ASSETS PLEASE!
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
If you were kitting out your bridge officers, and wanted a full bajoran style crew, you might have a single Vedek or Civillian observer on your crew, the same way we have the occasional Breen or Android. If I were outfitting such a ship, I might have a single Cardassian Engineer (to rez up all kinds of nasty canons and things) and then a Vedek as the Sciences person so they could do all the healing.
The Vedek outfit is an offduty costume. I know a sneaky trick to get a bridge officer to wear it but it's not designed to allow bridge officers to wear it, leading to the weird situation where the only vedek on a crew is the Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-17-2012, 12:39 AM
I will say, though, mixing the Vedek outfit with other offduty options makes a really snazzy Ferengi or Vorta offduty outfit.

Just use the Vedek chest overlay on a different robe and, say, Merc pants. It looks a bit like a dressy Ferengi military uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-17-2012, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
The Shuttle:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but how on Earth...er...Bajor....is this shuttle even remotely related to DS9?? I don't recall ever seeing it on the show, and if we did I'll bet it was for five seconds of one episode.
That shuttle design was actually in the DS9 Technical Manual that came out in 1998 (and I think just one ep), so it has a very slight history.

http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2011/...perky-shuttle/

So yeah, it was fleeting, but still related to this pack.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-17-2012, 01:08 AM
The admiral's tunic was the piece I looked forward to since Beta. Now it's here and I'm very happy with it, generally.

However, there's a minor (to some fans major) design flaw: Why does the gold seam have to be THAT thick? Please watch an episode of DS9 later series or Insurrection (HD) and look at the gold seam of Admiral Dougherty's uniform. It's just a brief "airblow" of gold ... not what I see right now in the game, and the color is wrong as well. You can also take Admiral Ross' uniform as a reference, or Admiral Owen Paris in "Endgame (VOY)".
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-17-2012, 01:16 AM
I really, SERIOUSLY love what I've seen of these new interiours and I would definitely buy them, but there's just no way I'd shell out a whopping 1800 C-Points on a pack, which contains absolutely nothing I care to have aside from said interiour. Bummer...
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-17-2012, 05:50 AM
My wife let me spend $20 out of the two days of overtime I worked to get the Zen to purchase something out of the c-store. Originally, I was going to purchase the Academy uniforms, until I saw this pure awesome sauce of a bundle. Here's my feedback.

Belfast Bridge

Love it! We'll never see a true 1:1 bridge, but the compromise made in size here, is just right. Even the shows didn't maintain a 1:1 scale of a bridge, and adjusted it accordingly with various action scenes and what not. TNG/DS9/VOY LCARS made the whole bridge.

The decks, I wish they could've made the bridge and deck continuous. If the door opening continuously was a problem, maybe a access panel that the PC uses could have been the solution, or maybe hitting "F" to have it open. As far as the ship's company uniforms are concerned, neither the DS9/TNG movie or the 2409 uniforms would work for my roleplay situation. My captain and her bridge crew are all Bajoran, save for two Fed representatives, a liberated Borg, and a very efficient Saurian, and part of the Bajoran Home Defense. After the Bajoran Militia was dissolved into Starfleet, the BHD took on their uniforms (according to my own RP story.) So I would rather see my crew in Bajoran Militia outfits.

Weapons

Haven't had a chance to try them out, but I'm sure they're adequate. Unfortunately there is no way to reclaim then, and I would sure like to outfit my bridge crew with them.

I really have no use for the Vedek uniforms, maybe I'll make one of my bridge crew one. Haven't tried the shuttle, haven't really tried any of the shuttles save for one when I play "The Vault." And the DOff's, I've played with the DOFF system, but not enough to give an opinion on any of it. Although, I wonder if Elam Ziyal is a sibling of Garek and is named after Tora Ziyal? Also, is the DOff RO any relation to Ensign RO?
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
- LCARS... it is very LOW RES, looks very pixelated if you get to near to a screen.
I was also surprised to see how low-res the panels were on the new Belfast bridge when I visited a fleet mates bridge. I probably won't purchase the pack/bridge because of this, hopefully they will get updated.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMoose
I was also surprised to see how low-res the panels were on the new Belfast bridge when I visited a fleet mates bridge. I probably won't purchase the pack/bridge because of this, hopefully they will get updated.
Yup, another quick and "out the door" product. They clearly spent a lot of time on the modeling and other textures, but I guess this part (one of the more unique things about this set) was not that important.

I haven't seen a response about this so I guess it's final. It's a shame.