Lt. Commander
# 1 Belfast bridge
02-16-2012, 12:08 PM
The design work is exceptional, it looked very much like the bridge on the show, however, the layout is not right. The bridge should connect to engineering, not the crew deck. Also, most of the interactive doors are stuck open.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2012, 01:21 PM
The Bridge is not on the same deck as Engineering, at least not the lower level of it we access in game. Not sure about the crew deck but I know there are corridors right off the bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2012, 01:27 PM
the corridors off the bridge are supposed to lead to the upper level of engineering
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah, the upper level could connect to them but I mean the level we can access now is on a lower deck. Theoretically one of the doors we can't open could lead to the upper level.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2012, 03:59 PM
yeah, it occurred to me that there is a door directly aft of the bridge that is in the right place to lead to the balcony, if only they could add a shortcut to engineering there, they could make it move you to the bottom of the ladders or something, kinda like the jefferies tubes on the Connie interior.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2012, 04:52 PM
According to the Defiant MSDs (Okudagrams), there aren't any crew quarters on deck one; however I know that it is simply a cross-section, and doesn't show what is over the breadth of the ship.

What would have been interesting is if one of the doors off the bridge had a small corridor, with a "ready room", a turbolift, and maybe a few unopenable doors, or one to the top level of Engineering.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2012, 06:42 PM
The thing I'm most disappointed about is that we have blast shutters on most of the rooms on the engineering deck, yet we can't open them like in the TOS interior. The technology is there, why not use it in this interior as well?

peter
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai_Juin
According to the Defiant MSDs (Okudagrams), there aren't any crew quarters on deck one; however I know that it is simply a cross-section, and doesn't show what is over the breadth of the ship.
From the deck plans (I believe this is a scan from the tech manual) there are some quarters along the front arc of deck 1. Looking back at the MSD there does appear to be space for them there as well given that they are pretty small. I wish they had included the transporter at the end of that back corridor as well where it actually should be but guess not. Also while not exactly related looking at these again makes me wonder why all the plans always show the impulse engines at the very rear while what appear to be visible red glowing engines on each side.

Ultimate Defiant Cutaway from Drexfiles:
http://drexfiles.files.wordpress.com...mas_sys_22.jpg

Tech Manual Scan:
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n.../deck12Dbg.jpg

This isn't from the tech manual but from another site who's plans i've generally liked, though these look to differ they also have crew quarters on that deck.
http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars...-sheet-2-x.jpg

Deck Listing:
http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Defiant_class_decks

As for the "shudders" there aren't really any windows there to account for them. Maybe they are just overhead storage compartments.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-16-2012, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
Also, most of the interactive doors are stuck open.
I think that's because there's generic crew nearby. Generic crew open doors that they wander past, including the door to your quarters, All. The. Damn. Time. I wish there was a way to lock doors so crew would't open them, or have crew not wander past certain doors.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
I think that's because there's generic crew nearby. Generic crew open doors that they wander past, including the door to your quarters, All. The. Damn. Time. I wish there was a way to lock doors so crew would't open them, or have crew not wander past certain doors.
A simple re-sizing of the trigger area would work as well. If they made it so that the door doesn't open until until you're much closer. Would eliminate most of the opening & closing.

peter