Lt. Commander
# 1 STF Elite 10% reduction
02-16-2012, 02:02 PM
has it hit yet?
I did not see in notes

can't wait until it does newbs are brutal in elite atleast they are starting to grasp team part

still do not want to get probs on Kitomer space I think to boring is the reason
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2012, 05:07 PM
STFs are already a bit too easy as it stands.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DearthZero View Post
STFs are already a bit too easy as it stands.
Eh, depends on what people you get on the team and on the STF you're playing. Only takes one douchebag in Infected to screw everything up for the rest of the team by shooting up the wrong side of the gate, after all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkehund View Post
Eh, depends on what people you get on the team and on the STF you're playing. Only takes one douchebag in Infected to screw everything up for the rest of the team by shooting up the wrong side of the gate, after all.
You can't really fix that by nerfing the borg.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Making the STFs easier will not solve the problems that arise from random grouping, nor will it really have any impact on failure rates (Bad groups are bad groups). It will however make the STFs considerably less fun for those of us who find them to be a bit too easy already.

Elites shouldn't be pugged, hands down. If you choose to, expect to fail..at one point I know I did everytime I pushed that button. The flipside is there are plenty of other ways to run STFs without relying on the queue system.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Personally I think they should (or should have) made 3 levels of difficulty for STFs

Beginner Normal Elite

With a requirement that you must successfully complete each level x times
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Ah but its not the completing of easy normal or elites, the game may be the same but the formula/mechanics for winning are different between elite and normal. Which is what the noobs don't understand.

Take cure space for example the object is to kill the nanites and cubes. in normal you can kill one cube and move onto the next. in elite do that and you're pretty much back at spacedock with a shattered hull unless you have some serious dps and disabling abilites for the nanites to take the cube directly.

Stepping up from normal to elite is fine but its knowing that its 5 people working together rather than 5 people shooting everything thats borg that really needs to be educated
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doylematt4 View Post
Ah but its not the completing of easy normal or elites, the game may be the same but the formula/mechanics for winning are different between elite and normal. Which is what the noobs don't understand.

Take cure space for example the object is to kill the nanites and cubes. in normal you can kill one cube and move onto the next. in elite do that and you're pretty much back at spacedock with a shattered hull unless you have some serious dps and disabling abilites for the nanites to take the cube directly.

Stepping up from normal to elite is fine but its knowing that its 5 people working together rather than 5 people shooting everything thats borg that really needs to be educated
Well aware its not "just finishing" easy normal etc ...

.... however if those steps are completed at least people entering normal/elite have a clue as opposed to blundering in and ticking off everyone else. IMHO
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Or you could just remove Elite from the Public Queue and force everyone to use a premade team for it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DearthZero View Post
Or you could just remove Elite from the Public Queue and force everyone to use a premade team for it.
What, like the old STF system you mean?

"We have this marvellous invention, it is called the wheel..."