Lt. Commander
# 1 Bandwidth use of the game.
02-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Hail there people !

I really like the game, but I feel like something is wrong. I played for 4 days and the Upload while playing is extremely excessive for some reason. I used around 40 GB of my bandwidth in 4 days ! And since I am in university I can't excess 100Gb usage each month.

Seriously; is there a way to use less upload while playing the game ? It look like the Patching process when i go in a new map or random generated mission is using SO much bandwidth.

Here a summary of my internet usage :

http://s14.postimage.org/3nvyz1ta9/upusage.jpg

Here a graphic summary of my internet usage :
http://s15.postimage.org/xwshp9oy3/uploading.jpg

I would like to know if its normal and if there is something I can do about it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Check to see if you have Pando Media Booster installed. The new F2P client will periodically install this P2P component silently. You can uninstall it but it will eventually show up again. Pando is borderline malware as far as I'm concerned.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2012, 10:38 AM
Pando media booster is installed on my computer, i stopped the program.
Should i un-install it ?

I'm going to look in-games options.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2012, 05:56 PM
I un-installed Pando Media Booster, i'll see if the bandwidth usage is less than before in a few days !
Thanks for the help.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandreghor
I un-installed Pando Media Booster, i'll see if the bandwidth usage is less than before in a few days !
Thanks for the help.
It will periodically reappear. Just check your add/remove programs periodically for this parasite. I understand the business reasons for Cryptic wanting to use it but the way they stealth install it is smarmy at best and malicious at worst.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Could blocking it with a firewall be a better idea since even if it try to connect it should fail?