Lt. Commander
# 21
09-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I'm concerned about this statement:

"Although the Klingon and Federation players will be locked in a war, the game is heavily instanced; all the foes you face will be computer-controlled. It's emphatically not EVE Online."

Is the writer simply wrong, or has PVP been scrapped?
The writer is either wrong or misspoke. We know that PvP is in the game. Even Zinc has sung its praises.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Surely PVP isnt locked to the neutral zone?

You should be able to engage anyone you choose be it in a random system or in Klingon space? unless its so heavily sharded enemy players just dont appear in your instance??
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-01-2009, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFreeFall View Post

You should be able to engage anyone you choose be it in a random system or in Klingon space? unless its so heavily sharded enemy players just dont appear in your instance??
I pretty sure they said a while back that PvP is nuetral zone only.
Lt. Commander
# 24 Good Review
09-01-2009, 01:50 PM
I haven't posted in ages, but i did re-install my Starfleet command Orion pirates for some tactical ship combat action. The review didn't mention much( I mean nothing) about PVP. As an ex eve player with 3 accounts and multiple capital ships, im most intereseted in PVP and wether we can take territory. I dont expect us klingons to be able to take the federation homeworld but I do hope we can conquer territory out of the main empire's system's. I do also expect many safe zones as to prevent griefing, however I hope you can't flag yourself neutral and fly all around immune from pvp. If you leave the safety of your own system you should be open to pvp attack. I mean space is a big dangerous place.
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-01-2009, 02:01 PM
This heavy instancing is a slight worry now, I must admit, in terms of immersion and "reasons to do things" what's the point of fighting for my side on instance #192, if things are completely different in instance #235?
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks for posting that The.Grand.Nagus, I appreciate it.

I need to find an anonymizer
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Vader View Post
The review didn't mention anything about PVP
Fixed
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFreeFall View Post

I don't see why it can't be open PvP with a few "Safe zones." I would imagine that automatically most PvP battles would take place in the NZ, every now and then a ship may get past into your space but it shouldn't be many, that also increases the importance of defending your factions front line in the neutral zone.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-01-2009, 03:34 PM
i might be miss reading it all im getting a little worried now

Although the Klingon and Federation players will be locked in a war, the game is heavily instanced; all the foes you face will be computer-controlled. It's emphatically not EVE Online.

i would like the dev team to respond that pvp is still in the game and they didnt make sto into a pve only game....
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-01-2009, 03:41 PM
"PC release in 2010 will be followed by a console release sometime in the future (although we don't know exactly which consoles yet"

I really want to know if the console users will get there own server or if they will share the original PC server. After renewing my Live subscription a few days ago I hope that they get there own. You don't know what racism and bigotry is until you've been on Xbox Live.