Lt. Commander
# 1 Gorn Ship questions
02-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Hello STO players. I just have a concern regarding the Gorn science vessels. So far, I've enjoyed playing them in PvE and they seem more competent than the Fed's science vessels...

However, I'm a new player to STO so I actually have no idea if they are actually good ships. I have enough cryptic points for a Varanus but is it worth getting?

Just any opinions on the 3 science vessels would be great
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2012, 06:09 PM
if you are a sci, it is awesome, yes. much better than the fed counterpart to it
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2012, 07:09 PM
I lurv mine. Is that a word?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2012, 12:47 AM
Bought my Varanus yesterday.

Normally flew a Karf'ki. I'm starting to love the varanus a ton more. If you set it up for support/heal role just about exclusively, you'll have to fall asleep at the keyboard to die.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
if you are a sci, it is awesome, yes. much better than the fed counterpart to it
I'm not sure about this. The DSSV is almost identical, except it can't use a Repair Platform console, has stronger shields, and fewer crew. Crew don't matter, and while I like the Repair Platform, the fact that the hull repair drones constantly bug out makes me a little annoyed at having to pay money and shield strength for a red-side science ship.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2012, 09:57 AM
My engineer flies a Varanus. I love it. I set mine up with offensive type sci abilities. It makes for a deadly ship.

Aceton Assimilator + Tyken's Rift + subsystem target shields = enemy without shields.

The repair platforms are great too.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2012, 11:17 AM
I've got the Varanus with the Phalanx's barrier console in addition to the repair drones, this thing is one BEAST of a support ship. I can fight a Kar'fi and its support craft to a stand-still one on one with this bad boy.