Well, it seems that the sound issues associated with the 7.1 surround issues were solved for the promenade of DS9, I am now able to tolerate that zone but....
They are in the new Bajor Social Zone centered around the holodeck now. In addition, once I picked up the sound problem it did not go away no matter where I went after that...I had the hypnotoad theough the remainder of the FE, it moved with me to Bajor Space, then to sector space. The only way to get rid of it was to log out then back in.
Did you guys get yourself a 7.1 headset (i.e.Logitech G35) yet and check out the issues that were on DS9? If so, why did you not check out the new social area? Is this going to be a persistant issue now with the remainder of the FE missions on all the new maps?
1. Right click the sound icon in the right, bottom corner in the system tray. Click "playback devices".
2. Set your integrated soundcard as the default device, by right clicking it and select "set as default device".
3. Next, click the "recording devices" tab at the top. If you can't see "stereo mix", right click anywhere inside the white area. Then click "show deactivated devices". Right click stereo mix and activate it. You might have to restart your computer.
4. Set stereo mix as "default device", then right click it and click "properties". Go to the "Listen" tab at the top.
5. Select "Listen to this device", and choose the G35 Headset.
To test if the sound is playing through your headset, go to "playback", right click your integrated soundcard and click "test".
I can verify that this workaround does the job. Although I am not using my peripherals to their fullest and if you want to hear 7.1 srround in something else you will have to change the settings again.