Lt. Commander
This is obviously a very low priority suggestion but trying out the Galor I keep thinking it would be cool if it could fire the main beam from the forward red glowy emitter like on the shows. Not sure if it's supposed to be more of a deflector but again it's often showed firing a main beam from there and there have been instances of energy beams being fired from the deflector so maybe some kinda of lower powered lance similar to the G-X?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2012, 11:20 PM
And, they need to fix the deflector width more importantly. Thats a pretty big error, and it makes the ship look odd. Needs to be less wide.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...y,_forward.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Oh I agree, there's been a few threads going about and i'm assuming they will...eventually/hopefully.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2012, 12:10 AM
I'd rather see FED ships with saucers firing phasers like they're supposed to, first.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxstab View Post
I'd rather see FED ships with saucers firing phasers like they're supposed to, first.
If your talking about the energy circling the arc I would say that's a great deal more difficult/involved...though it would be very cool!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2012, 01:03 AM
I'd prefer it if the Galor had a crew deck/engineering/ready room. The bridge is awesome and the battle throne for a captain's chair is pretty cool, but the lack of everything else is disappointing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy2k View Post
This is obviously a very low priority suggestion but trying out the Galor I keep thinking it would be cool if it could fire the main beam from the forward red glowy emitter like on the shows. Not sure if it's supposed to be more of a deflector but again it's often showed firing a main beam from there and there have been instances of energy beams being fired from the deflector so maybe some kinda of lower powered lance similar to the G-X?
I agree that it'd be pretty cool, but hardpoint issues, as you say, are pretty low on the list of things that need correcting. Still, while we're on the subject, it would be kind of nice if dual beam banks fired more from the centre line than either side of your saucer. As it is, they're not really DBBs, but two single beam banks. :p
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Here's an idea. Why don't they fix the weapon firing points on the ships BEFORE releasing them??? Seems to me like they're releasing half finished content with parts that are either too big or too small.
We could argue that it's not a Galor because the deflector is too big.
Same thing with the interior of just about every ship on the game. They're way too big.

The designers should stop working on the game right now and watch a few episodes of Star Trek before they try and release any new content.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2012, 01:45 AM
Before they do any of that, how about they get rid of the system spam messages about who is winning a Galor? You realize your character and global handle are being broadcast to the entire game when you open one of those, right? I'm wondering - did any of you who got Galors get any flak for it? Or PMs asking if you'd sell it? Or just a "Grats!"?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aariny
Before they do any of that, how about they get rid of the system spam messages about who is winning a Galor? You realize your character and global handle are being broadcast to the entire game when you open one of those, right? I'm wondering - did any of you who got Galors get any flak for it? Or PMs asking if you'd sell it? Or just a "Grats!"?

I got a few messages saying congrats, a few asking me to sell or give it to them, and a few asking how many keys I used and when I told them the truth (1 key for the first one); they responded with a few choice words. When I got the second one on key number 50, I ignored all PM's and added the flamers to my ignore list.