Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
I didn't have time to paint a whole new set of materials for the world. I figured swapping from H class to M class was a big step in the right direction.
Is this what broke the Cage of Fire mission by chance?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
While Bajor was more properly replaced with an M-class world, it's not really Bajor.


Years ago, the Star Trek magazine as well as the Star Trek Star Charts book had shown pictures of Bajor and it's continents, so why not use them? Give us the 100% accurate Bajor and not one of the generic M-class models we got in the STO library.

BTW that model has quiet the obvious defect. :p
Also remember that Bajor was never displayed correctly on the series. It was supposed to have green Oceans according to Kira. This was when they were talking about home planets (Kira Dax and O'Brian.)


So yes, (to any anime fans out there), Bajor is Namak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
I didn't have time to paint a whole new set of materials for the world. I figured swapping from H class to M class was a big step in the right direction.
Thank you for switching out the worlds for something more appropriate. Hopefully we will get the real Bajor "soon". :p


Honestly, I'm surprised the art team didn't have the actual Bajor when they originally made STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc2001b
Is this what broke the Cage of Fire mission by chance?
Yup, sorry about that. We're working on fixing it.


ETA: We don't have any "actual" planets other than the ones in Sol. No offense, but the specifics of continents and oceans and such were never really covered in the show. The Bajor map you mentioned as only having been developed after DS9 ended. There isn't a Canonical map of what most planets should look like form space, just more rough guidelines (Vulcan should be red and rocky, etc.)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Yup, sorry about that. We're working on fixing it.


ETA: We don't have any "actual" planets other than the ones in Sol. No offense, but the specifics of continents and oceans and such were never really covered in the show. The Bajor map you mentioned as only having been developed after DS9 ended. There isn't a Canonical map of what most planets should look like form space, just more rough guidelines (Vulcan should be red and rocky, etc.)

any chance while they are fixing the beacon they can also fix the exit to sector on the same map which currently takes you all the way back to TRD 071944 rather than out to the Bajoran Sector space. Pain in the rear end having to travel all the way back again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Yup, sorry about that. We're working on fixing it.


ETA: We don't have any "actual" planets other than the ones in Sol. No offense, but the specifics of continents and oceans and such were never really covered in the show. The Bajor map you mentioned as only having been developed after DS9 ended. There isn't a Canonical map of what most planets should look like form space, just more rough guidelines (Vulcan should be red and rocky, etc.)
Is there an update on this please? Would it be quicker to roll back the art in the meantime?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-22-2012, 07:04 PM
yeah I wanted to say that Bajor needs to have green oceans.

One episode of DS9 had the whole crew on the Defiant orbiting Earth. Sisko comments on how at-home it makes him feel to see Earth's blue oceans. Kira comments that the waters don't look green enough, and Dax comments how Trill's oceans are purple.

If you could even just change the oceans to a greenish tint, Bajor would be perfect.

Still, putting it as an M-class planet is a great start in the right direction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc2001b
Is there an update on this please? Would it be quicker to roll back the art in the meantime?
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=256731
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-22-2012, 08:48 PM
One thing to always keep in mind. We make a full build about once a week. That is, we collect all the changed files for the past week and push them out to you, about once a week. We can do special other things if a bug is truly game breaking, but that is a ton of extra work.

As such, Even if I fix something at work today, it could take up to a week and a half for that change to make it out to you guys.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
One thing to always keep in mind. We make a full build about once a week. That is, we collect all the changed files for the past week and push them out to you, about once a week. We can do special other things if a bug is truly game breaking, but that is a ton of extra work.

As such, Even if I fix something at work today, it could take up to a week and a half for that change to make it out to you guys.
Thanks! Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
Also remember that Bajor was never displayed correctly on the series. It was supposed to have green Oceans according to Kira. This was when they were talking about home planets (Kira Dax and O'Brian.)


So yes, (to any anime fans out there), Bajor is Namak.
So in this case which takes precedence? The dialog that says one thing or the tv series art that displays something else?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:33 AM.