Lt. Commander
# 11
02-17-2012, 01:23 AM
  • Are there plans to revamp or (hopefully) completely re-do ground combat?

• When will KDF get more non-C-store uniform options to match Federation variery? What about off-duty uniforms for KDF?

• More hair options for KDF, like Kahless and Worf's hair (which is closer to the most common kind we saw Klingons with on TNG and DS9 than dreadlocks), and some more crazy fluffy hair metal hair for Nausicaans to match the TV Nausicaans?

• Are plans underway to create missions that enable KDF to be created as your first character (i.e. KDF missions to fill out the first twenty levels)?

• Has the team considered adding more eye types for humans (and other races), and the ability to mess with cheekbone scale? All my human characters look like the same guy with drastic plastic surgery because there are only two eyes: Asian, and everyone else. Also what about adjustable hair lengths? Non-Ken/Barbi body types (being able to make my captain look pregnant doesn't count)?

• Will complete 3D movement in space ever be considered?

• Will the increased income generated by the F2P model mean greater frequency of content updates than before?

• Has the team considered adding NPC and player grunts, shouting, lines, etc. to add atmosphere to ground combat? Everyone fighting in total silence sucks a lot of the fun out of it.

• Will we get new non-C-store species? Like Chalnoth for KDF?

• Has any thought been given to redoing the music for the game? 90% of the soundtrack seems okay for Klingon but inappropriate for Federation, and almost none of it sounds like the music of the shows and movies.

• Will we ever get cross-faction teaming so I don't have to switch off my preferred faction to play with my Fleet mates when we have less than 5?

• Are more STFs, with a greater variety of enemies, in the works? It gets boring fighting the Borg all the time, and only having to worry about Plasma makes ship configuration uninteresting. Terran Empire? Romulans? True Way? Dominion? Breen? Space STFs don't seem like they're very difficult to design, I don't see why we don't have 15 of them instead of a couple. This might clash with the whole Omega force thing but I don't think anyone cares about that. We'd rather have more gameplay variety than stringent consistency in game lore.

That should do for now
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-17-2012, 01:33 AM
I guess it's too early to ask him about that one giant sector space map! :p I kid, I kid!

There is one thing I'd like to know; now that we're seeing more weapon type variants pop-up, such as the plasma and spiral-wave disruptors; are there any more in the pipeline like plasma phasers, tetryon-disruptors or antiproton-positron beams like the Delta Rana warship used?
Lt. Commander
# 13 question
02-17-2012, 01:36 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-17-2012, 01:57 AM
1) Dan, not too long ago, you mentioned you wanted more attention with the Foundry. Is that still your focus?

Will we see somekind of push to kill all those lingering foundry bugs?

Will we see the Library updated with all these new ships, new textures, new locations, and new outfits?

2) What you would say are your three largest priorities for STO?

3) While you was away from the Big Chair, did you have a moment that gave you a new perspective regarding STO?

4) Do you think these new systems like the Jem'Haddar Grab bags and now the Cardassian Lock Boxes tend to be a bit too aggressive? People spend fortunes gambling in hopes to get one and some unfortunate souls end up with massive holes in their pockets. Is this the future of STO?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-17-2012, 02:57 AM
The only question I have is:

When will the Galor spam stop?

Because, when it does, i'll start playing again.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-17-2012, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genex View Post
This is a question I also wan to know the answer to, so I'll do my best to ensure its asked
I want to throw in my vote for you to ask this question as well. It's past time we got an answer on what's to become of the Galor Spam. Here are a few follow-up points:

Is it permanent?

Will there be some way to opt out of it in the future?

If so, will that opt out function be limited to Gold subscribers?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-17-2012, 03:06 AM
now that we know ship interiors can be scaled more in-line with what people always expected (see belfast interiors), is there any chance of re-scaling some of the earlier bridges folks have paid money for already?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-17-2012, 03:07 AM
Are there any plans to address the myriad of graphical errors plaguing your players (for example mine, which you can find here (and hasn't had a response in two weeks))?

Beyond the errors I am experiencing (which did not exist until the first patch on day two of your 2nd Year Anniversary event), there are rendering issues apparent in your persistent world in various places as experienced by other members of your community.

So basically my question for you is:

What sort of investments are being made to help remedy existing problems, and what measures are being taken to ensure a higher bar of quality moving forward? Also, what are your intentions regarding an active technical and graphical support division upon which your players can rely on for assistance?

Thanks for your time -- don't take this type of question as an affront to your game and company, but rather as a legitimate inquiry regarding the current state of your graphical and support departments.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-17-2012, 03:07 AM
My question:

Dan, does your return mean that you have completely given up the ideals you believed in, and are now comfortable with Perfect World co-opting your vision of STO and perverting it into a ruthless money-gouging scam that prides itself on offering zero accountability to the people who pay your salary (those people being us)?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-17-2012, 03:14 AM
Hello Dan , welcome back .

Before I ask my question , I'd just like to say that for the period Mr.D'Angelo was in the Big Chair , I repeatedly told myself (and others on the forums) that you were gone , and with you went your vision for the game as well as what many saw as promises for the games future .

- Now that you have returned (something that I had not expected to happen) -- how am I (and indeed the community) expected to refer to your previous statements and promises ?

Do you expect or want us to turn over a new page ?
I'm asking because for months after your departure (while radical changes were being made to many aspects of the game) , the forums were live with the sounds of "but DStahl said ..." .

Frankly , I don't want to go back to that , so if you don't mind , please (re)set the bar as to our expectations from you (and STO) .

(example : if continuous FE's are no longer on the table -- then please confirm that under the current management / ownership , they are no longer on the table , and that you are going forward with the now-fixed plans for the next 6-8 months)

Not sure if the above constitutes a "question" , but it was the best I could do to transmit my thoughts about your return , and how it may impact expectations of the fan/player base .
Closed Thread