Lt. Commander
# 21
02-17-2012, 02:34 AM
I have a few questions:

1) Before you left you had posted that Gold member would see very little changed when the game when F2P, you left and we had access to a lot of items removed, there still has been no equal value replacement of the 250 emblem from the 500 day Vet Reward, and the Delta Flyer Mission was removed. Will you be restoring these and other items to the Gold membership?
2) You had also stated that you wanted to have an in-game way of getting all new ship released in the game, will this ever be happening (And using Dilithium doesn't really count)?
3) Are you going to be giving anything more to the Gold membership, because as it has been pointed out on the forums by many players there is no real reason to go gold?
4) Can we raise the Dilthium cap?, or better yet get rid of it. 8000 a day is really not a lot.....
5) Please allow us to use all existing Schematics in the game, right now I have a Delta Flyer Schematic that I can't use .....

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-17-2012, 03:05 AM
How does the Foundry rank on Cryptic's current list of priorities?
Will it be updated with new features and more assets in the near future?
Is there any hope of getting more than two Featured Episode series this year?
If not, can we at least get more Klingon-exclusive missions?
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-17-2012, 03:57 AM
Here is some questions:

How does it feel from the time you left, compared to now? Does it feel different?

What's it like having people who once interview you, on various podcasts, now work with you?

How's the office chair feel, after letting somebody else sit in it for a while?

What upgrades or new features are coming to the STO Foundry season 6 release and will you have a go in building a foundry mission?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 24 Obviously
02-17-2012, 04:42 AM
Obviously the elephant in the room is the Galor spam and then by extension the lock boxes method of generating revenue. If that question is not asked it will reflect an unwillingness to represent the community in any meaningful way.

So I hope that it is asked. Hopefully by then Dan will have an answer ready; I'm sure he's dealing with Perfect World before he's able to give that answer, but we really hope he's in our corner.

The Foundry, which he's been in charge of since returning to Cryptic, would be the next big question. How do we get the assets into the Foundry, and how do we do a better job of incorporating and testing the features of it here before Neverwinter goes live. We are the testbed for this vital feature of both STO and Neverwinter.

Lastly, is content again on the front burner?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-17-2012, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafico
  • Are there plans to revamp or (hopefully) completely re-do ground combat?

• When will KDF get more non-C-store uniform options to match Federation variery? What about off-duty uniforms for KDF?

• More hair options for KDF, like Kahless and Worf's hair (which is closer to the most common kind we saw Klingons with on TNG and DS9 than dreadlocks), and some more crazy fluffy hair metal hair for Nausicaans to match the TV Nausicaans?

• Are plans underway to create missions that enable KDF to be created as your first character (i.e. KDF missions to fill out the first twenty levels)?

• Has the team considered adding more eye types for humans (and other races), and the ability to mess with cheekbone scale? All my human characters look like the same guy with drastic plastic surgery because there are only two eyes: Asian, and everyone else. Also what about adjustable hair lengths? Non-Ken/Barbi body types (being able to make my captain look pregnant doesn't count)?

• Will complete 3D movement in space ever be considered?

• Will the increased income generated by the F2P model mean greater frequency of content updates than before?

• Has the team considered adding NPC and player grunts, shouting, lines, etc. to add atmosphere to ground combat? Everyone fighting in total silence sucks a lot of the fun out of it.

• Will we get new non-C-store species? Like Chalnoth for KDF?

• Has any thought been given to redoing the music for the game? 90% of the soundtrack seems okay for Klingon but inappropriate for Federation, and almost none of it sounds like the music of the shows and movies.

• Will we ever get cross-faction teaming so I don't have to switch off my preferred faction to play with my Fleet mates when we have less than 5?

• Are more STFs, with a greater variety of enemies, in the works? It gets boring fighting the Borg all the time, and only having to worry about Plasma makes ship configuration uninteresting. Terran Empire? Romulans? True Way? Dominion? Breen? Space STFs don't seem like they're very difficult to design, I don't see why we don't have 15 of them instead of a couple. This might clash with the whole Omega force thing but I don't think anyone cares about that. We'd rather have more gameplay variety than stringent consistency in game lore.

That should do for now
Like he said.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-17-2012, 05:01 AM
Question - What are you top 10 realistic goals for the next 6 months.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-17-2012, 05:42 AM
How much of the new revenue that F2P is generating going directly back to Cryptic and STO development?
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-17-2012, 05:44 AM
Is there any chance of adding a gold perk that reduces the amount of in can C-Store advertisement spam? Or in the least remove it from chat?
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-17-2012, 05:54 AM
I'd like to hear an update on the Foundry and how it is going to be tended to moving forward.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
I'd like to know Cryptic's official position, or even just DStahl's personal opinion on the Galor spam.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
^^^ This.

Mr. Stahl: I would very much like to know what is going to be done about the Galor spam messages. The Threadnaught of complaints about them has grown to over 125 pages, and the only 'Dev Post' we've had in response to it so far was BranFlakes responding to an off-topic comment. It has been apparently ignored, despite the volume of comments regarding the issue, and despite the fact that it has remained mostly at the top of the forum topic list for over a week. It is without a doubt currently the most-loathed feature of the game, and is not only immersion-breaking, but also highly distracting, annoying, and considered by many to be an intrusion upon privacy. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread