Lt. Commander
# 21
02-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
Think about it it'd be the greatest possible source of income and would provide budget for further content/missions got you thinking hasn't it Cryptic not a bad idea!

Make them about 2000 CP a pop and that's a lot of dough right there.
Why are you trying to help Cryptic monetize STO? They've got plenty of marketers to do that for them. This doesn't benefit the players in any shape or form.

Beyond that, suggesting that FEs are comparable to an entire LOTRO expansions is a little bit silly. FEs are generally a couple of hours of content at most, with a couple of minor rewards. Pricing them at $25 each makes them a laughably poor value.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-17-2012, 10:22 AM
If theres one thing in the F2P conversion I agree with, then it is the fact that all content should be accessable to anyone.

I would like to see a "Headstart" for subscribers, giving Gold players access a day ahead of silvers, but that is as far as I will go.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-17-2012, 10:26 AM
I understand the OP's desire. I do. The idea is that if we pay for FEs, they'll have the money to make them and/or actually have to deliver some.

I don't think it's such a good idea, though, for two reasons:
1. Something like that was tried with STO's sister game, and it didn't really work out.

2. You're assuming the money generated via the C-store is actually going to/staying with Cryptic, and will translate directly into more content, rather than going into the coffers of the owners.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-17-2012, 12:48 PM
I do not want FEs to be sold in the C-Store. I think they should be free to all, or at least free to those with a subscription, worst case.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-17-2012, 04:25 PM
I admit I'm trolling, thought it'd be a pretty funny suggestion and some idiot at PW will probably order Cryptic to implement this lol!
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
If theres one thing in the F2P conversion I agree with, then it is the fact that all content should be accessable to anyone.

I would like to see a "Headstart" for subscribers, giving Gold players access a day ahead of silvers, but that is as far as I will go.
That is a very good idea!

*On second thought no I dont agree with placeing FE's in the store
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-17-2012, 09:27 PM
When I saw the topic title of "Put FE's in the C-Store", my first thought was the extra stuff that was given to us by the end of the missions that's no longer available (the Breen BOff, the Reman BOff, etc.).
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF_Mudd
I understand the OP's desire. I do. The idea is that if we pay for FEs, they'll have the money to make them and/or actually have to deliver some.
Actually I understand the OP idea, that is making it like LOTRO so it "washes away the dirty F2P" and "to keep the game pure for us Subscribers".

Since THAT is why they want it, Free for them and pay for the F2P ...
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-17-2012, 11:39 PM
I think the lockboxes, keys and so on will provide cryptic with an ample stream of financing.

The trick is to get PWE/Cryptic to focus more on hiring/developing with that income stream, than on taking profit.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-18-2012, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimtomisbehave
Beyond that, suggesting that FEs are comparable to an entire LOTRO expansions is a little bit silly. FEs are generally a couple of hours of content at most, with a couple of minor rewards. Pricing them at $25 each makes them a laughably poor value.
Never said to charge $25, $5-$10 for access to the whole series seems fair to me.