Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
yesterday i beamed down to K7
it looked different,


not better, not worse... just... changed

the NPC's all stand in the old spots, some walls have changed,
in the center room are some new objects that weren't there before,
but mostly the ground textures look like from some rock texture now (looks weird somehow, not sure if intended)


i'm not sure is this intended or a random glitch (like we had in some exploration missions lately).



i've seen nothing about K7 in the patchnotes either... so my money is on random weirdness.


???
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-17-2012, 07:05 AM
I posted about the Transporter Room's missing wall in the bug forum yesterday. The poor Transporter Chief's been left looking demented, typing away at thin air :p

But yeah, the changes don't really make and sense, and nothing has been improved. Now, If they really want to improve K7, they should use the 23rd Century Drozana interior
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-17-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadama View Post
If they really want to improve K7, they should use the 23rd Century Drozana interior
now that would be AWESOME
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-17-2012, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadama View Post
But yeah, the changes don't really make and sense, and nothing has been improved. Now, If they really want to improve K7, they should use the 23rd Century Drozana interior
I agree, but I'd tone the brightness down a bit. The first time I did that mission I thought my graphics card exploded, because it felt like a technicolour nightmare where darkness doesn't exist.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
I agree, but I'd tone the brightness down a bit. The first time I did that mission I thought my graphics card exploded, because it felt like a technicolour nightmare where darkness doesn't exist.
And thats a problem how? :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Any screenshots of the "new" K-7 interior?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadama View Post
I posted about the Transporter Room's missing wall in the bug forum yesterday. The poor Transporter Chief's been left looking demented, typing away at thin air :p

But yeah, the changes don't really make and sense, and nothing has been improved. Now, If they really want to improve K7, they should use the 23rd Century Drozana interior
This, and re-scale it so that you can't park an entire Galaxy-class starship comfortably in the shuttlebay.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
This, and re-scale it so that you can't park an entire Galaxy-class starship comfortably in the shuttlebay.
Where's the shuttlebay? I've never seen any access to anything like that on a player scale from the interior.

Are you talking about the bottom section of K7? There's an apparent bay down there. It comfortably fits several Constitution Class Cruisers side by side. And it's a bit of a snug fit lengthwise for a Sovereign.

I've parked my ship down there several times. (mostly just to practice some fine-tuned careful piloting and to get screenshots.) I thought it was supposed to be like that.

(Edit: Here's the screenshots. It basically shows the my Science Captain's ship, the USS Constellation in the bay, then flying out.)

Close up in the bay

A bit wider shot

Leaving the bay.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aariny
I've parked my ship down there several times. (mostly just to practice some fine-tuned careful piloting and to get screenshots.) I thought it was supposed to be like that.
The entire space station, K-7, is supposed to be smaller than a Galaxy Class Starship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
The entire space station, K-7, is supposed to be smaller than a Galaxy Class Starship.
BWAH???

I've never gotten that impression! Not even from the original series! I always thought it was... well as big as it is in the game.

Are there some hard numbers? Not doubting you - just wondering if you can point me to them.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:13 PM.