Lt. Commander
# 1 Teir 5 k'tinga
02-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Will we ever see the t5 k'tinga in our lineup it has been far too long this ship is a legand and should be in the t5 line up
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2012, 11:39 AM
I don't know about Tier5... I mean, it would be nice/cool/AWESOME, no doubt, but the history behind the ship is that it was an earlier vessel. I think you would see more Bortas and Vorcha than you would K'Tinga. Sad, but there ya have it.

I recall there were more variants/versions for SFC than we have here. I don't know how many are canon or what can be added, but I know some have already been seen so there is precedent.

Possible enhancements that bridge the gap between the D-7/K'tinga and the Vor'Cha:

D-9 battle cruiser
D-20 battle cruiser
L-6 Frigate

There's a webpage here:
http://home.comcast.net/~ststcsolda/

The quick and dirty diagrams for Klingon ships on that page is here:
http://home.comcast.net/~ststcsolda/.../klingons.html

Now, I admit some of those look like pure speculation and fan creations... But the D-9, D-20, L-6 all share the same spirit as the D-7/K'tinga and if we could get some more ships in between.

Heck, I'd rather have more tiers for STO, personally! More variations, more combinations, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster
I don't know about Tier5... I mean, it would be nice/cool/AWESOME, no doubt, but the history behind the ship is that it was an earlier vessel. I think you would see more Bortas and Vorcha than you would K'Tinga. Sad, but there ya have it.

I recall there were more variants/versions for SFC than we have here. I don't know how many are canon or what can be added, but I know some have already been seen so there is precedent.

Possible enhancements that bridge the gap between the D-7/K'tinga and the Vor'Cha:

D-9 battle cruiser
D-20 battle cruiser
L-6 Frigate

There's a webpage here:
http://home.comcast.net/~ststcsolda/

The quick and dirty diagrams for Klingon ships on that page is here:
http://home.comcast.net/~ststcsolda/.../klingons.html

Now, I admit some of those look like pure speculation and fan creations... But the D-9, D-20, L-6 all share the same spirit as the D-7/K'tinga and if we could get some more ships in between.

Heck, I'd rather have more tiers for STO, personally! More variations, more combinations, etc.
Sorry, but Cryptic can't use any of those...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Sorry, but Cryptic can't use any of those...
Why not? They are making up new ships. They had "design the next ship" contests here on the forum. Granted it was from before I got here... They don't have to use those exact ideas, but you can still take the same idea of modifying a D-7 and improving it, varrying the looks, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster
Why not? They are making up new ships. They had "design the next ship" contests here on the forum. Granted it was from before I got here... They don't have to use those exact ideas, but you can still take the same idea of modifying a D-7 and improving it, varrying the looks, etc.
*SIGH* I'm getting tired of having the same discussion the 30th time.
They have said they won't do any of those contests any more thanks to the way the people behaved the last time around.
And they have explicitly said they can't use material from fans and they have also explicitly said they can't use material from other game companies.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2012, 01:22 PM
for some reason cpt logan doesn't feel the kdf need more t5 ships.
he said so twice in his interview lately.
odd because the feds have alot more t5 ships than the kdf. They seem to need more than we do. i don't get it.

so there will be no more ships coming for a while. Just fixes to old ones.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
for some reason cpt logan doesn't feel the kdf need more t5 ships.
he said so twice in his interview lately.
odd because the feds have alot more t5 ships than the kdf. They seem to need more than we do. i don't get it.

so there will be no more ships coming for a while. Just fixes to old ones.
They should just close this subforum. Most lvl to t5 in a blink of an eye since you start at lvl 21.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by certo View Post
Will we ever see the t5 k'tinga in our lineup it has been far too long this ship is a legand and should be in the t5 line up
The KDF was promised a T5 K't'inga Retrofit back when they were doing the Vor'Cha and B'rel Retrofits, but it never appeared and any discussion of it in the forums was met with resounding silence from the devs despite being brought up time and again since . Link to the original announcement here - http://www.startrekonline.com/node/1966

The only thing we saw was the release of the ancient D4 design they labeled as the Koro'tinga built as a T3 ship. Considering that the devs openly admitted back then that they didn't even know the difference between a D7 and a K'tinga, I'm not really shocked.

I'd love to get a T5 K'tinga in game, I and others have said over and over we'd be willing to drop significant amounts of real cash to get a good flexible design released ....but I've given up hopes of that. If it ever appears I'll celebrate!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2012, 07:30 PM
the ktinga should have been the kdf's tier 1 ship, with same stats as the miranda. if a newer design that's intended to look like a ship designer after the ktinga, but before the vorcha, kind of like a kdf ambassador class, was the tier 3 cruiser from the start the kdf would have a tier 5 refit of it by now with excelsior stats.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2012, 11:25 PM
A T5 "K't'inga" doesn't need to be a K't'inga retrofit per se - remember the K't'inga is a late-23rd century ship whose hull is nearly identical to the earlier D-4 and D-7 classes. Clearly the Klingons have some emotional attachment to that design...

Call it a Koro't'inga retrofit perhaps, but it's not inherently any more odd than the Defiant or Intrepid retrofits on the Fed side.