Lt. Commander
I think one of my main pet peeves about this game is regarding the constant need to run from one location to another, just to perform basic functions like shopping on the exchange, or changing ship.

So, is there a place/station which minimizes this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2012, 11:19 AM
It should be in the captain's ready room.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2012, 11:19 AM
The only one I can think of is the Captain's Table, everything there is in the one room IIRC.
Starbase 39 is better than ESD but it has no tailor. The Bank, Exchange, Shipyard and Mail are all together though so there's less running around at least. Long run to get there though
Drozana is a little spread out but it's all fairly close together so may also be a good candidate, most things are spread across two rooms but it's not as bad as ESD for all the running required.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Yeah, the Captain's Table is great for this, but for some reason they put it in the same location as ESD. As I have said before, the CT should be like a transwarp ability from anywhere in the game. Then it would be a real benefit.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Thankya both
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haglahay
Yeah, the Captain's Table is great for this, but for some reason they put it in the same location as ESD. As I have said before, the CT should be like a transwarp ability from anywhere in the game. Then it would be a real benefit.
Agreed.
I noticed you get slowed down when trying to get near the portal point, due to the proximity of the starbase, heh
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2012, 11:36 AM
K-7 has all the really important stuff in one room...

The Ship stuff is separate, but if one hits the Armory First to do the majority of actions..., then goes to the Shipyard when leaving, it's quite convenient.

I also really like the new up-grade to K-7.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
K-7 has all the really important stuff in one room...

The Ship stuff is separate, but if one hits the Armory First to do the majority of actions..., then goes to the Shipyard when leaving, it's quite convenient.
he beat me to it, K-7 is decent for that DS9 has the bank mail and exchange in 1 room as well, with a tailor shop right next to it, though the ship stuff is a run.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2012, 11:43 AM
ESD and the Academy are your best bet, really. The former has most of its features very close together in the main building, but doesn't have a BOff trainer, shipyard, etc.

I suspect part of this is deliberate - that they do want you to actually move (your character) around, rather than just sitting in front of a menu screen that lets you do everything without budging.