Lt. Commander
# 11
02-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar2388
If want to do PvP than I use the queve !

Here I want to earn some dilithium !
By fighting Borg, not other players !

AND DEFINTELY NOT BOTH AT THE SAME TIME !
Sorry, but this is an open PVP zone by design. There is a PVE mission in the zone. Fed and KDF compete with one another to finish the mission. They are allowed to 'hinder' the other faction by killing them, and this is by design. It's one of the few places in STO that have open PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
So the thought is that players fight each other so that nobody can complete the mission ?
Yeah that sounds veeeery logical !
Just becasue YOU think it is not correct dosen't make it so... It's a warzone... people FIGHT in warzones... theres a reason oppsing factions have access to the map.

Each faction fights to complete their respective objectives, trying to fight the enemy anyway they can.

But you won't belive us anyways, since you've already made up your mind, so why don't you ask the devs...
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
So the thought is that players fight each other so that nobody can complete the mission ?
No, the thought is that you prevent the enemy faction from completing the mission so that your faction can beat them by completing it first. At least that's how it's supposed to work.

It's specifically stated that it's a warzone. What did you expect?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
That is one of the challenges of the mission. And frankly, one system out of dozens that allows for PvPvE doesn't put you on the brink of getting no dilithium.

The PvP battles in the system usually occur at the entry point. Fly away from that and you can do the mission with ease. It's what I do when I'm not in PvP mood.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-17-2012, 12:45 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster
~snip
Mind your language... This isn't the wow forums.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Fair enough. My apologies.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Fair enough. My apologies.
Reading my post, it seems a bit police'ish... That was unintentional... I was merely trying to save you a warning from the mods.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
It's not a PvP zone. It's a collaboration zone to kill borg. Otherwise you wouldn't spawn in with the feds and klings together.
Incorrect. It IS a PVP zone. Look at your mission log. The mission is listed under.... , PVP. Imagine that.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
It's not a PvP zone. It's a collaboration zone to kill borg. Otherwise you wouldn't spawn in with the feds and klings together.
If it is a collaboration zone then why can we attack the other faction?