Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
02-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Well, it seems they are some things I didn't know.
If the problem is that the spawn points are together and a Fed. player and Klin. player are automaticaly enemies after the enter Ker'rat, than it makes sense.

The problem besides that is/was that sometimes (like today) a Fed. player tore his "allies" apart.
An escort retrorefit, speeded through Fed. players, pawned them (I did not get an "challange request" btw), and all he/she said was "Phew Phew !"

.....so much for "I am convinced some people do not have the education required to play this game."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
02-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avatar2388
The problem besides that is/was that sometimes (like today) a Fed. player tore his "allies" apart.
An escort retrorefit, speeded through Fed. players, pawned them (I did not get an "challange request" btw), and all he/she said was "Phew Phew !"

.....so much for "I am convinced some people do not have the education required to play this game."
Yeah, that's also a bug. There is a way to exploit the system and put yourself on either team, regardless of your own faction. If you see anyone doing it, report them. And then also blow them up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
02-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Since when ?
since the game launched. its supposed to be that way

Quote:
If want to do PvP than I use the queve !

Here I want to earn some dilithium !
By fighting Borg, not other players !

AND DEFINTELY NOT BOTH AT THE SAME TIME !
earn dilithium somewhere else or do the mission like its designed.

Quote:
So the thought is that players fight each other so that nobody can complete the mission ?
Yeah that sounds veeeery logical !
actually it is logical. ready the mission info. the concept is for each side to try to complete their objectives while trying to stop the other side from completing theirs.

Quote:
It's not a PvP zone. It's a collaboration zone to kill borg. Otherwise you wouldn't spawn in with the feds and klings together.
what? no its a pvp zone. if it wasn't there wouldn't BE pvp there.

Quote:
And yet... the goal of the area has nothing to do with killing other players? In fact, the goal is to help other players. It is a team area.

Isn't it more likely that in their addition of this Borg encounter that with all the buggy software we've seen they just re-used a gameplay mechanic already in place and heavily modified it to get the job done?
its about stopping the other players from completing their mission. and no thats not more likely. its absurd to think that would have slipped past the devs for 2 years, while at the same time the devs were explicitly stating that its a pvp zone. what you're saying doesn't even make sense.

Quote:
Don't mistake an oversight in computer programming/problem solving to be the end-all meaning of the end result.
oversite? you'd have to be pretty dense to make that kind of oversite as a programmer. its intentional.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
02-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resz
Yeah, that's also a bug. There is a way to exploit the system and put yourself on either team, regardless of your own faction. If you see anyone doing it, report them. And then also blow them up.
Really? I thought this was a bug. I've been put with the other faction sometimes. Quite annoying.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
02-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resz
Yeah, that's also a bug. There is a way to exploit the system and put yourself on either team, regardless of your own faction. If you see anyone doing it, report them. And then also blow them up.
Chances are he/she didn't know better. The one & only time I was there I also gave a fellow KDF player some gentle knocks at his shield (he was close & I still hammering the spacebar after killing off a borgship; stopped immediatly). Up until our post, now roughly a year after my visit there I assumed that this is some kind of wacky king of the hill / there can be only one map. Also I'm not aware of doing anything special back then; just tried to figure out my objectives and finish them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
02-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Really? I thought this was a bug. I've been put with the other faction sometimes. Quite annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothername View Post
Chances are he/she didn't know better. The one & only time I was there I also gave a fellow KDF player some gentle knocks at his shield (he was close & I still hammering the spacebar after killing off a borgship; stopped immediatly). Up until our post, now roughly a year after my visit there I assumed that this is some kind of wacky king of the hill / there can be only one map. Also I'm not aware of doing anything special back then; just tried to figure out my objectives and finish them.
Well, okay, I might have been a bit hasty in saying to report them. I'm sure most of the people who this happens to didn't do it on purpse, but I am aware of some players who know how to trigger it intentionally and will do so.

If you see the same person doing it fairly often, then you can safely report them. Either way, you should blow them up if you can. Rule #1 of Ker'rat is that if you can shoot another player, then you should shoot them, as far as I'm concerned.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
02-18-2012, 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Ummm, you do realize that this is an open PVP zone BY DESIGN, right?

But, yeah, they should do something about those untargettable borg, the crazy spawn points, and the cross-faction teaming bugs.
Man those spheres that drift into the pylons and can attack you but not be attacked are the WORST.

Also, they've been there since the zone released when I was originally playing the first month.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
LOL. Last night, I was the ONLY KDF in the instance (and in a squishy Bop, I might add). Can't say that it's fun to be shot at by 12 other feds at the start. But it can be rather satisfying to escape and say "neener neener neener".
I personally find it more amusing, when i drop in with my carrier and tank 8 fed ships who thinking of easy kills coming in, only to get the full package of "Oh, sry, but you just got ownd, baby" ^^
Btw. i also show no mercy on low level fed's in the instace.

And for all the whiners:
"There's no mercy in war. People live and people die. That's all there is to it..."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
02-18-2012, 07:46 AM
Wait, someone mentioned that one is trying to win over the other and that there can be a loser. I've spent a little time in ker'rat and have only gotten a lower reward for being low on the leaderboard. I'm almost always in top 3 but have never gotten a "failed mission". I've been hemmed up by klinks camping spawn or waiting for me to get banged up by the Borg, but never a fail. Is it more you just get a lower reward? I do think its ignorant of both feds and klingons to be more worried about each other but not the Borg. "The Borg will probably be assimilating our planet tomorrow, let's go kill some feds!"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
02-18-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasafras
Wait, someone mentioned that one is trying to win over the other and that there can be a loser. I've spent a little time in ker'rat and have only gotten a lower reward for being low on the leaderboard. I'm almost always in top 3 but have never gotten a "failed mission". I've been hemmed up by klinks camping spawn or waiting for me to get banged up by the Borg, but never a fail. Is it more you just get a lower reward? I do think its ignorant of both feds and klingons to be more worried about each other but not the Borg. "The Borg will probably be assimilating our planet tomorrow, let's go kill some feds!"
Technically it is not failing... simply not completing...

The score still counts individual players, but you can still get to situations where you actually dont recive rewards.

In the cases where you get rewards, it's because your team completed the objective.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:09 AM.