Lt. Commander
What do I have to do to get a gold box? Been playing elite and just getting the green ones.

Also I have seen some discussion on trading in the game. How does this work? Not that I have anything to
trade for a galor but I would like to know.

Thanks

Chris
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bublawek2002 View Post
What do I have to do to get a gold box? Been playing elite and just getting the green ones.
Pretty much just luck of the drop. Or you can buy one off of the exchange.

Quote:
Also I have seen some discussion on trading in the game. How does this work? Not that I have anything to
trade for a galor but I would like to know.
You have to be near the other person. Right-click their avatar, and select "trade". A trade window will open up. You can then drag-drop the item into the box (or you can click the 'click here' box and you will get a drop down menu of tradable things in your inventory. You click 'accept'. The other person clicks 'accept' and it's done.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2012, 12:38 PM
If you have any characters able to do an STF (RAUH/VA or MG/LTG) then you will get a gold box at the end of every mission. If not, then it just plain luck of the draw.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Finishing an STF does not ensure you get a gold box.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Pretty much just luck of the drop. Or you can buy one off of the exchange.

You have to be near the other person. Right-click their avatar, and select "trade". A trade window will open up. You can then drag-drop the item into the box (or you can click the 'click here' box and you will get a drop down menu of tradable things in your inventory. You click 'accept'. The other person clicks 'accept' and it's done.
The "gold" cardassian lock boxes are bind on pickup. You cannot trade them nor get them from the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel64
If you have any characters able to do an STF (RAUH/VA or MG/LTG) then you will get a gold box at the end of every mission. If not, then it just plain luck of the draw.
No. You get a "mystery box" which has a 'chance' to turn into a gold box if you open it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
The "gold" cardassian lock boxes are bind on pickup. You cannot trade them nor get them from the exchange.
Did not know that. Thanks for the correction. (Obviously, I've never gotten a gold box before).
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel64
That isn't even close to true. Ypu get a mystery box at the end of STF's and there is only a higher chance of getting a drop during the STF, otherwise most of the time it's green in those too.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
No. You get a "mystery box" which has a 'chance' to turn into a gold box if you open it.
Just to be clear this is indeed correct (estimated 1% chance of a gold box from comments I've seen on this subject), and the gold boxes are all Bind on Pickup so they can not be traded or sold.
Lt. Commander
How do you trade in the game? is this just another term for using the exchange?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
How do you trade in the game? is this just another term for using the exchange?
You can directly make an trade with a person or use the exchange for non bound items.