Lt. Commander
# 11
09-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Just a reminder guys: We're not talking about PvP yet, so we can't answer those questions.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Is the Space combat an advanced version of the Starfleet command series ?
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-01-2009, 06:39 PM
knew that was comming lol.

I'd like some examples of abilities we can expect from our various "kits"
will our BO's be able to equip kits
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-01-2009, 07:11 PM
will we be able to switch torpedo types during battle or will we have to equip them prior to fighting ie; photon to quantam and if so is this a b.o. ablity or a ship ablity?
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-01-2009, 07:18 PM
also is there a way for me to make non "top tier" ships competeive if I want to use a "lower tier" ship am I just out of luck and have to get a better ship or no?
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-01-2009, 07:33 PM
1. will "equiping" only phasers or only photons to your ship be a viable strategy? in SFC3 if you geared your ship to only a certain number of weapons u could divert enough power to max out your weapons energy while still remaining in the normal range of shields which in some cases made it better than a ship with a normal spread of weapons.

2. will we be able to have and use in normal situations outside of episodes ship weaponary not associated with that race? for example a federation ship arming disrupters instead of phasers or are certain weapons restricted to certain factions?
Lt. Commander
# 17 Attack / Escape Patterns
09-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
Will Attack Patterns/Defensive Maneuvers such as Picard Maneuver be available?
I am curious as well. In the shows you always hear them ordering attack pattern this or escape pattern that. Will we be able to program in attack / escape patterns so that we can have the ship perform preprogrammed (hopefully user programmed) manoeuvres in in the heat of battle while we reallocate the ships energy or use our bridge officers to the fullest?
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Starfleet players will get Starfleet ships.
Since the KDF has so many fewer ship types, will they be augmented with Orion and Gorn ship choices?

Marytha
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
Will Attack Patterns/Defensive Maneuvers such as Picard Maneuver be available?
Not sure about other attack patterns and such but they've already said the Picard Maneuver won't be performable by players.
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-01-2009, 07:59 PM
My main concern / questions have to do with ground combat :
  • How does the cover system work? Does it totally protect you or only reduce the chance of being hit? Can you fight from cover (lean around corners, pop up over a crate... etc)?
  • Will there be defensive maneuvers and positions (like the Kirk roll, kneeling or going prone) to decrease the chance of being hit in ground combat?
  • How reactive are the AI in ground combat? i.e. will they change their location, seek cover, or use defensive maneuvers / positions if they begin to draw a lot of fire? or will we need to manage their responses manually?
  • Will there be ground scenarios where we'll call on our bridge officers non-combat abilities ... such as an engineer fixing a shuttle or doctor curing an NPC alien?