Lt. Commander
# 21
09-01-2009, 08:01 PM
More than anything, I'd really just like to know a bit more about abilities, etc., that players can perform while in combat. We've already gotten some information about it I know, but more can never hurt!
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-01-2009, 08:20 PM
In space combat though will it be there alike that a Fed ship pursuing a KDF remains the Starfleet Captain & the crew in having time to react against the oponent?
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I would like to know if bridge officers will give you any navigational abilities. ie.: the Picard Maneuver giving you a "Lunge Attack" that "Confuses target" for a few seconds. Maybe not the Picard maneuver, but is there anything like that?
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Can an engineer have access to tactical/science abilities? or is it more of a "once you pick your department those are your only skills"
Lt. Commander
# 25
09-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Will there be a system in place where when fighting the Borg we will be able/have to adjust the frequencies on our phasers and such?
Lt. Commander
# 26
09-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Will Federation ships be able to mount weapons other than the usual phasers and torpedos?

Will the weapons we choose or the skills of our bridge officers be more important in space combat?
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Ground:

-Will starfleet unarmed combat be styled to look like Kirk's cowboy punch style of fighting, or more of a kung fu trained martial artist style. Or will we maybe have a customization choice in this matter?

-Will there be a wide selection of Klingon melee weapons available, or are we just going to have the few that are commonly seen on screen? Also, will Klingons be able to specialize in a specific weapon type?

-Will a captain be able to learn some type of minor 'leadership' group buffs, similar to the ones in City of Heroes?

-Will Klingons have any sort of bloodlust or rage gameplay mechanic?

Space:

-I am not sure if this has been answered before, but will we be able to target and fire on multiple enemy ships simultaniously? For example if I have an enemy in my frontal firing arc and one in my rear arc, can my front and rear weapons operate independantly of each other?

-I know ships will feature various types of beams and torpedos, and one Klingon ship is a carrier type with small fighters. But will there be any ships be capable of deploying mines, space turrets, or any other type of deployables?

Captain's origin / character builds:

-This somewhat applies to combat. I am concerned that the Klingon population of players may be very heavily dominated by 'tactical' or 'DPS' captains, and suffer from a lack of players who are strong in the other departments. I see this kind of population problem in other games (for example, pvp servers tend to be dominated by DPS and never enough healers or tanks). So the question is, could a big population imbalance like this hinder the Klingon side in terms of cooperative play (groups, raids, etc)? This obviously applies to Starfleet as well, but I expect Klingon players to be a lot more 'agressive' minded.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse1987 View Post
also is there a way for me to make non "top tier" ships competeive if I want to use a "lower tier" ship am I just out of luck and have to get a better ship or no?
In the askcryptic blogs, they explained how lower tier ships can defeat higher tier ships by increasing thier number.

So while a Tier 2 ship cannot defeat a Tier 3 ship, a group of tier 2 ships can.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vobe
Ground:

-Will starfleet unarmed combat be styled to look like Kirk's cowboy punch style of fighting, or more of a kung fu trained martial artist style. Or will we maybe have a customization choice in this matter?

-Will there be a wide selection of Klingon melee weapons available, or are we just going to have the few that are commonly seen on screen? Also, will Klingons be able to specialize in a specific weapon type?

-Will a captain be able to learn some type of minor 'leadership' group buffs, similar to the ones in City of Heroes?

-Will Klingons have any sort of bloodlust or rage gameplay mechanic?

Space:

-I am not sure if this has been answered before, but will we be able to target and fire on multiple enemy ships simultaniously? For example if I have an enemy in my frontal firing arc and one in my rear arc, can my front and rear weapons operate independantly of each other?

-I know ships will feature various types of beams and torpedos, and one Klingon ship is a carrier type with small fighters. But will there be any ships be capable of deploying mines, space turrets, or any other type of deployables?

Captain's origin / character builds:

-This somewhat applies to combat. I am concerned that the Klingon population of players may be very heavily dominated by 'tactical' or 'DPS' captains, and suffer from a lack of players who are strong in the other departments. I see this kind of population problem in other games (for example, pvp servers tend to be dominated by DPS and never enough healers or tanks). So the question is, could a big population imbalance like this hinder the Klingon side in terms of cooperative play (groups, raids, etc)? This obviously applies to Starfleet as well, but I expect Klingon players to be a lot more 'agressive' minded.
in armada the defiant class could deploy mines.

As for my own question I know that there may or may not be "manuvers" but what about macros allowing me to configure my sjip in a heart beat instead of clicking 6 diffent things? also what about user addons for combat? is it something you will allow? also can I divert power from life support like they do on countless occasions. IE voyager I dont know how many times shut off every non essential system and dropped their life support to next to nill and boosted sheilds? also I just saw an episode of next gen where they took power straight fr5om their warp core and dumped it into their sheilds? I guess my question would be how intricate will energy allocation be?
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-01-2009, 10:51 PM
1.Can we bombard planetary positions during ground missions with something akin to a 'Call Air Strike' specialization or kit?

2. Will it be possible, if we are fighting Borg on the ground, to have our fellow (PC or NPC) away team members assimilated and turned against us? Alternatively, can we permanently lose an assimilated officer if we decide to flee after he has been assimilated?

3. If a Klingon Warrior is charging me with a Bat'Leth can I target his weapon to vaporize it before he closes?

4. Will Klingons (or other races) be more stun resistant that typical humans?

5. Can we 'recapture' assimilated NPC Bridge Officers and return them to our duty roster?

6. If I want to invite my friend to join me in a pitched battle on the ground, can he transport his captain or his Bridge Officers in to replace one (or more) of my unconscious/dead/assimilated away team members?

7. If I flee a ground combat and retreat to my ship, can my enemies beam up to their ship and engage/pursue me into space on some Episodes?