Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-21-2012, 03:50 PM
I feel like it's not worth it without at least the option to have that... the TOS interrior was only made worth it by that "minor detail". I get that some people want "current" uniforms but since the word "uniform" doesn't apply to starfleet's "choose whatever you want" system... to hell with it. I hate seeing so many different "outfits" running around. I prefer a "uniform" for the crew... hopefully with Dan back at the helm, we will get that "uniform your crew" option coming someday soon... most of the current choices look rediculous anyway.

Furthermore, I paid for DS9 era uniforms, I'd love a ship that had a crew wearing them as well as my Captain.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Especially when the Sovvy interior comes along. I wonder how many of us are going to be happy without TNG movie uniforms on board that ship?

YMMV, but I know I want it. Same would be true of voyager.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Hardy View Post
I prefer a "uniform" for the crew... hopefully with Dan back at the helm, we will get that "uniform your crew" option coming someday soon... most of the current choices look rediculous anyway.
This is the crux for me. I'd really like to put my crew in the uniform I have my captain/boffs in. As nice as it is that the Constitution bridge comes with TOS uniformed crew, and as nice as it would have been to have Belfast crew in DS9 uniforms, ultimately, I'd like to *choose* how my crew dresses, as they should be 'uniform' with what my Captain and BOFFs wear.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-22-2012, 03:56 AM
Whenever the issue of interior functionality or crew uniforms came up in the past, there was always a response that they are waiting for/hoping for Foundry to take over all of that at some point so players can design what they want. This has been something that has been requested since interiors made it in game and one of the things for me that I want to see and feel we have waited long enough for. Time constraints seem to be a big thing for the dev's (as some of their tweets suggest). I would like them to slow down on trying to get things out the door and focus on the details and some of the stuff we have really been requesting for a very long time.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-22-2012, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_Who
I vote for the DS9 Or Next Gen Movie uniform as the default. They really should do this, and it can be done - i.e TOS bundle.
Yeah. That IS my by far biggest issue with tha interuor, big enough to make me want to undo my purchase until this is solved.
The random uniforms SUCK and always did and they take ANY atmosphere out of the interior.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-22-2012, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
This is the crux for me. I'd really like to put my crew in the uniform I have my captain/boffs in. As nice as it is that the Constitution bridge comes with TOS uniformed crew, and as nice as it would have been to have Belfast crew in DS9 uniforms, ultimately, I'd like to *choose* how my crew dresses, as they should be 'uniform' with what my Captain and BOFFs wear.
I'd buy this for a C-point or two.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-22-2012, 04:56 AM
The fact of the matter is that we have a bridge already with a uniform set in its own era and now the bar has been raised because of it. There should be no reason why the Belfast interior can't have the DS9 uniforms on its crew. Cryptic raised the bar and now they have to live up to that level of perfection, and yes, I say perfection because the Constitution interior is nothing short of that. My hopes are that they are working on rectifying this oversight and that when we get a TNG pack interior this same oversight won't be an issue.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-22-2012, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
Why aren't the NPCs wandering the corridors of the Belfast clad in DS9 (TNG-film era) uniforms? It can obviously be done, as the crew wandering the TOS interior are all wearing various TOS outfits. DS9 not worth as much effort?
The DS9 uniforms and TNG are interchangeable in the show in ds9's final ep there was a starfleet captain wereing TNG post season 3 uniform at the signing of the treaty of Bajor
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-22-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maquis View Post
The DS9 uniforms and TNG are interchangeable in the show in ds9's final ep there was a starfleet captain wereing TNG post season 3 uniform at the signing of the treaty of Bajor
Except the Belfast NPCs are wearing neither.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
Except the Belfast NPCs are wearing neither.
Whether you board a brand new cruiser fresh out of dry dock or a aircraft carrier built in the 1970s the uniform is the current dress. Just because your in command of a 40 year old ship doesn't change the fact the the crew would be dressed in the current dress.

Perhaps until they add more features you should wear the same current day uniform if it bothers you so much? Afterall, you got a antique ship/bridge and not a time portal to 2370.