Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
First, I tried to search for this but wasn't able to find anything (either the search function doesn't really do very well in giving results or I suck at searching). I finally got the Aegis set and had to discard my covariant mk xii purple to do it. I was expecting a huge boost to shield capacity with what the set gives (and considering I had over 10k with the covariant I was running) only to find that I am now sitting at just over 6k capacity. I am running an Odyssey. This is very confusing since the base shield capacity is over 7k and at the very least should be getting that (if I didn't have skills in shield generators etc pretty much maxed). I was expecting to see something like 12k or so not half that and certainly not less than the base. I do like the stacking of the resistance and feel the shields are something of a step up from the previous ones I had but I'm wondering if this is a bug or not.
The second, I've seen some pretty cool looking photos of in game builds online and I am wondering how you go about getting those. Is there a way to turn off the hud just for that or an option I am missing?
Any help in either of these would be greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2012, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasafras
First, I tried to search for this but wasn't able to find anything (either the search function doesn't really do very well in giving results or I suck at searching). I finally got the Aegis set and had to discard my covariant mk xii purple to do it. I was expecting a huge boost to shield capacity with what the set gives (and considering I had over 10k with the covariant I was running) only to find that I am now sitting at just over 6k capacity. I am running an Odyssey. This is very confusing since the base shield capacity is over 7k and at the very least should be getting that (if I didn't have skills in shield generators etc pretty much maxed). I was expecting to see something like 12k or so not half that and certainly not less than the base. I do like the stacking of the resistance and feel the shields are something of a step up from the previous ones I had but I'm wondering if this is a bug or not.
The second, I've seen some pretty cool looking photos of in game builds online and I am wondering how you go about getting those. Is there a way to turn off the hud just for that or an option I am missing?
Any help in either of these would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure if this is the case, but make sure you are not in sector space when checking numbers on your ships. I've seen some crazy numbers doing that- mostly bad ones. Then I get into a zone like DS9 and recheck... sigh of relief.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2012, 03:01 AM
Alt+F12 (as long as you haven't changed the key binding) removes the HUD. Prtscrn button on your keyboard places a JPG in the relevnat folder, whereas I think with either shift or alt modifier, it takes a PNG (or maybe a TIFF? lol, I'm sorry, I only use the JPGs), but you get the idea.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2012, 06:35 AM
*facepalm* I was totally in sector space when I checked. I will have to check when I'm in combat or at least in system space. Now of I can figure out why my va cap is at 266k in skill points ill be set . Thanks for the photo tip. I like jpegs as well. Pngs only do me any good when I need to keep transparency or layers so that won't be an issue. Time to make a sig!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2012, 03:40 PM
ROFL @ hasafras

I made EXACTLY the same mistake just last week - even posted to the forum too - with a new Aegis shield
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2012, 04:45 PM
I have to be honest, I was freaking out. I got the bug to get the whole set and had a clearance sale to get it haha. Even sold the covariant I had on ship just to cover the last little bit of EC I needed for that one last unreplicaeable uncommon... anyways what a sigh of relief. Thanks for the heads and for not rubbing it in haha.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2012, 05:14 PM
There are so many issues with these random sort of numbers. The game should have some sort of static base numbers that are clear. You see people in forums talking about DPS this and DPS that. All Numbers...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I only check the value of something when it's slotted in and I'm not in sector space, also, pressing "P" to bring up the bit from where you slot all your powers in gives you a detailed description of each power and adjusts based on your current power levels, so you can see how much better grav well is at full aux for example.