Lt. Commander
Hi all,
As title says i can't use anymore the icons of the ground BOff team skills.Well not all but more than half of them can not be used anymore.When i mouse over the description of the skills some of them doesn't show the description or if it does, finally , it starts to flashing very fast , a while till it stops.Doesn't matter if it is Tactical BO or Engineer or Science , some skills can't be used anymore .
Example of skills which are not working are Medical generator , chronitron mines, medical tricorder, nano healing ...
I saw once my science BO activated the medical generator by himself but if need to do that its not working me anymore after the last patch.
This issue/bug is after the last patch and are related only BO ground skills . My ground skills are working well so far , well ,so far from what i needed.

(lvl 47 tactical, federation)

tried to restart the game but still nothing .
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Yep, my tactical isn't throwing grenades when I tell her to. She waits until I attack then she attacks.

Sounds like the problem they are having with the fighter swarms. AI is all messed up.

PS Why can't I post yet? I want to post in the bug forum!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2012, 01:47 AM
ty Araigadai for confirm post , i also talked with someone in fleet and he/she told me that he/she has the same issue mostly on females BO ground skills.
At the moment a maintenance is going on and i hope they will fix this major bug.Yes its a major bug because the game its unplayable in elite mode when actually you want to finish alone a mission in ELITE mode and you have to think/apply some tricky strategies or force BO to use some skills on ground missions by clicking on their icons.

P.S You can't post in the bugs section ,me nether because we are silver players and the access(posting) is restricted to many sections .

I'm wonder if the devs will ever read this forum section...This discrimination its not tipicaly for PWE.Underestimating a free player is wrong because that free(new) player may spend later some USD or Euros in game to support the team or even get some friends which are really willing to pay.. I hope one day Cryptic will stop to exist as standalone Cryptic and will work as a real PWE department and the game will be much better improved and more stable..oh and why not , a new cool forum skin.

PWE should assimilate Cryptic 100%

(proud member of PWE community since PWI came alive :p / forum guides for FW,PWI and BOI - open beta or closed beta tester)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by criss11
Hi all,
As title says i can't use anymore the icons of the ground BOff team skills.Well not all but more than half of them can not be used anymore.When i mouse over the description of the skills some of them doesn't show the description or if it does, finally , it starts to flashing very fast , a while till it stops.Doesn't matter if it is Tactical BO or Engineer or Science , some skills can't be used anymore .
Example of skills which are not working are Medical generator , chronitron mines, medical tricorder, nano healing ...
I saw once my science BO activated the medical generator by himself but if need to do that its not working me anymore after the last patch.
This issue/bug is after the last patch and are related only BO ground skills . My ground skills are working well so far , well ,so far from what i needed.

(lvl 47 tactical, federation)

tried to restart the game but still nothing .

I have this exact same problem regardless of BO sex. If you check again I think you will find the first 2 skills are working for each BO but the 2 rightmost skills are not. Please help Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm having exactly the same problems with BO ground skills - first 2 skills from left side can be selected, other 2 skills can't. Makes it harder for Engineer to pre-place turrets etc. Also have noticed that if you linger with mouse over the skills icons too long, something will lock up - i.e. it will start flashing a skill description. Don't know if it's system or gameplay issue - will check later today from a different machine.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randommg View Post
I'm having exactly the same problems with BO ground skills - first 2 skills from left side can be selected, other 2 skills can't. Makes it harder for Engineer to pre-place turrets etc. Also have noticed that if you linger with mouse over the skills icons too long, something will lock up - i.e. it will start flashing a skill description. Don't know if it's system or gameplay issue - will check later today from a different machine.
Well for me the first 2 icons it's not working or maybe 1st or 2nd, i didnt had much time to study which are working or not, anyway around 80% are BUGGED .
Even the "Skill Up" bar it's not working anymore.Ppl are complaining about the auto-attack on the ships too.
And yes , as i said in the first post , some ground icon skills descriptions (from BOff) are starting to FLASH very bad on mouse over or click.
RandomMG you are not the only one with that bug its useless to try on different computer, well maybe on another OS(windows).

What happen devs? your new patches broke the game worse every week
Are you testing your files or not ?
Im using XP SP3 if this helps somehow the devs to locate the bugs more easily.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by criss11
RandomMG you are not the only one with that bug its useless to try on different computer, well maybe on another OS(windows).
When I wrote that I should check another computer, I was thinking about the cause of this problem (the SW developer in me wants to find a cause and maybe a solution in this situation not just the problem, whether it's caused by video card, OS etc.) Another PC has different components and that could help determinig what is the actual cause.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2012, 06:00 AM
The problem is still present after 09.02.2012 patch - only 2 left BOff powers can be activated by user. Two right powers are shown but can't be clicked/used. Just in case a PC parameters WinXP SP3, Intel Core2 E8400 @ 3Hz, 3,5 GB RAM (Actually 4 GB - but 0,5 is in use for video) and NVidia GeForce 9600 GT Video card.

I'm still not sure whether this is game code or PC setup issue.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2012, 08:33 PM
First i'm glad that they fixed the "Skill Up" bar and the auto-attack for ship fight . I dont wanna sue Cryptic for breaking ppl's mouses by clicking like crazy on fire icons lol (im kidding )
(Thank you Cryptic team)

On the second , the ground BO team skill icons still not working not even after the last patch in February 11.
Many ground skill iconds from BOff team (Standard Away Team) descriptions are still flashing a lot on mouse over.
And yes , same as RandomMG, im using XP SP3, Intel Core technology and Nvidia video card.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Writing here doesn't seem to help (actually not surprised about that) so submitted finally a in-game ticket #1,284,929 about this situation. Let's see if somebody will react to that.