Lt. Commander
I'm sorry but the new FE-story does not make any sense to me up to the current point, especially the behaviour of the Dominion.

1. Last weeks Episode.

So... now it is certain that THIS is the fleet lost in Sacrifice of Angels.
How does make their behavious ANY REMOTE SENSE.
They came, imediatly attacked DS9 and litarally said "Have you missed us".

The reaction they SHOULD have shown is hailing DS9 and asking "Hey Dukat! Hey Weyoun! Could you point us into the direction of that incoming Federation fleet"?

Why should we have MISSED them if they believe we are still at war, wich they satet in todays episode?

And even IF they left the wormhole and reactet with "WTF? Federation here? Lets attack!" they couldnt habe attacked that quick and planned as they did....

2. Todays Episode

Well... that is a whole mess....
for the first.... in an EARLIER stage of the mission we have a vision of the prophets telling us that it is that 2400 fleet... LATER we still dont know where that fleet came from.

And the worst thing... the Dominion fleet leaders dont believe they have time traveled and the war is still on?
WTF?
I can buy that they dont believe in the fact the war endet, considering the absolute invulnarability of the dominion.... they wouldnt believe the war is over since the federation exists and since they were the Dominions enemy, the dominion never fails and are not beaten yet they MUST still be at war. Makes sense.

I buy them not believing the prophets doing that but there are litarally THOUNSANDS of ways THEY MUST have found out about that themselfes SECONDS after leaving the wormhole.
Solar shift as an easy example: Stellar systems do not stand still, they move, and 30 years later they have moved, logicly, further. That way crews found out about time travel in Star Trek before. Within seconds.
Since they are in charge of the wormhole they could easyly send a scount back.
ect ect ect.
But them not believing to have time traveled is just retardet...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Actually, she only said 'did you miss us?' in the trailer for the featured episode. In the episode itself she merely says something like 'this station, and all the people on board, are now under our control.'
At the time the fleet was on it's way to DS9, DS9 was under the control of the dominion. But when they showed up, it was surrounded by federation starships without a single jem'hadar life sign on board, so it's not too odd to consider that they might have merely assumed that they had arrived too late, and the Federation fleet had already captured DS9.
We also don't know the founders plans. They may have decided that, once they had a bulk of their forces in the Alpha Quadrant, their alliance with the cardassians was now useless. In the second part, she says she had orders, we don't know what those orders were. I will admit that they attacked rather quickly, but it's not complete nonsense.
As for the second mission, based on conversation choices, you can get her to admit that she may have been temporally displaced. However, she points out that she has orders from her gods, and that a little time does not change that order. She basically states that she is going to follow her orders until a founder tells her otherwise.
In the conversation with the Ferengi, he says that they're tearing apart the station looking for a changeling. Last they knew, one was there. So if their first reaction was that Starfleet may have captured one of their gods, it's not odd that they reacted quickly.
I'm not saying that everything is perfect. But that they have put some thought into things. If you want to complain, wonder why Starfleet is making injured people walk blocks to the medical center.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2012, 09:03 PM
I didn't have any problems with the story line, but while I was working through it, the only description that came to mind was "Tedious".

Adding to this was the fact that my mini-map was borked and I had to constantly refer to my large map, and the bi-plane sound bug that was first introduced on DS9 was on every map in this episode. I had to turn my sound off and proceed through the episode as a deaf person.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm extremely confused why a Starfleet Admiral called the meeting together in the first episode, yet a Starfleet Captain seems to be entirely against the idea. Why weren't some actual diplomats involved? Who the hell invited this Captain to this meeting anyways? Why do *I* have to convince the Federation to join the fight?

Seriously bad planning on that Admiral's part.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2012, 09:18 PM
so far i was able to see everything did makes sense
this captain didnt speak for the federation, he spoke for starfleet, this part is mostly for kdf player since those missions are pretty much indentical
second, he didnt refuse joining the fight, he simply said that starfleet will fight alone if they have to but would rather fight site by site with allies
if you are a full diplomat you will hear what he really meant
a;; i can say is, if you guys cant read or listen right, or cant do a better job in programming than maybe its time to stay quite and quit complaining
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2012, 10:29 PM
What I find questionable is that 35 year old ships and technology are even a threat to the so called modern ships.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANPTOR View Post
What I find questionable is that 35 year old ships and technology are even a threat to the so called modern ships.
35 years isn't such a terribly long time. Most ships will serve that long or longer. Only thing the Federation has on the 2800 Fleet is some new classes and a couple of refit cycles. Not nearly enough to counteract so many ships that aren't even that much older coming through all at once against a station that was utterly unprepared for that scale attack.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2012, 11:03 PM
It's not the fact that the ships are 35 years behind the times technologically. It's the fact there is [b]2800[/n] ships with only a relatively few ships in the area to stop them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSix
I'm extremely confused why a Starfleet Admiral called the meeting together in the first episode, yet a Starfleet Captain seems to be entirely against the idea. Why weren't some actual diplomats involved? Who the hell invited this Captain to this meeting anyways? Why do *I* have to convince the Federation to join the fight?

Seriously bad planning on that Admiral's part.
He's a Tellarite, maybe he wanted a good argument so invited someone who wouldn't go along with the idea. :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
It's not the fact that the ships are 35 years behind the times technologically. It's the fact there is [b]2800[/n] ships with only a relatively few ships in the area to stop them.
It took starfleet engineers only a couple years to develop shield modifcations to defend against Dominion Polaron beams to the point DS9 withstood a Cardassian/Dominion battlefleet for more than 5 seconds (numerous ships were knocked out by DS9 when defending alone).

now fast forward, 35 years of Shield enhancements, Ablative Armour advancements, Phaser advancements, widespread adoption of Quantum and other torps, probably more bio-neural circuitry, establishment of the federation Transwarp network and some shps probably invested with quantum slipstream drives, transwarp coils etc.

All of that and 35 years to improve DS9 into a fortress guarding some of the most valuable real estate in the quadrant, and the entry to the wormhole.

Don't forget Bajor is now Federation, and the Federation is guarding Cardassian space as per the treaty, so the federation should have forces in the area (since it is now within Fed space), and if they don't have a transwarp gate nearby they should be shot (again valuable real estate - its a strategic location that should get an early gate).

all of this aside, how long do you think DS9 could hold out with 35 years of advancements and upgrades against the Dominion Fleet, cause i really dont see like the FE that Jem'Hadar troops would be beaming onto DS9 just a few moments after exiting the wormhole. If the station didnt immediately enter red alert and raise shields (shields 35 years more advanced, most likely with regenerative capabilities and better adaption abilities to incoming fire)...

Not even mentioning the extra damage newer enhanced weapons and torps would do to the dominion fleet, and them not knowing the modified layout with all the changes over the years, I just dont see how DS9 could not hold out for hours, and the longer they hold the quicker starfleet could transwarp/slipstream/warp reinforcements into the area.

I wont even mention ground combat and starfleet having personal shield generators and such that Jem'Hadar would not (and scanners that would detect their cloaking fields)...