Lt. Commander
# 1 Always Patching
02-13-2012, 08:46 PM
I have been playing STO for 2 weeks now.

Each time I start STO, it patches. Usually, a 4 GB patch, sometimes a 300 MB or 1.4 GB patch.

WTH is going on ?

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ire/wtfsto.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Same here and the 288MB patch so far has been like almost 2 hours. All i was trying to do was, to TRY to DL STO again but with this HUGE amount of time its taking and with the website going down for Maint at 7"00am ,another nighty effort being waisted trying to DL STO.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ! That should cover al the bad things I wantedto say about how PWI is ruining this fine "American Founded" universe of STO. BaAAheeeEEE.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2012, 06:34 AM
I have similar issues!
I still dont understand what these patches are for. Surely you dont need to patch everytime?
Keith
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by africadoctorwho
[...]
Each time I start STO, it patches. Usually, a 4 GB patch, sometimes a 300 MB or 1.4 GB patch.
Not really, the size is of the game files which are patched, the patch itself is significantly smaller.

Quote:
WTH is going on ?
They are fixing bugs, adding content, etc.
To exactly know what is done, there are patchnotes.

regards,
Mr. J
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankster44
Same here and the 288MB patch so far has been like almost 2 hours. All i was trying to do was, to TRY to DL STO again but with this HUGE amount of time its taking and with the website going down for Maint at 7"00am ,another nighty effort being waisted trying to DL STO.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ! That should cover al the bad things I wantedto say about how PWI is ruining this fine "American Founded" universe of STO. BaAAheeeEEE.

I find it hilarious that you're blaming PWE for something that could just as easily go on the dev team. Patch size doesn't generally change because another company takes over.

Also, "American Founded..." Geez, Cold War-era thinking much? This isn't USA vs. Communism anymore...

Bolded the correct acronym for emphasis.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2012, 08:10 AM
The patch is massive, it takes atleast 20 minutes to finish.

Last time it took over 10 hours. Sometimes very wrong here.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2012, 05:43 PM
I`ve been playing for 3 weeks and these daily patches and server shutdowns have me on the verge of finding a different game to play. it wouldn`t be so bad if these patches actually were fixing things but the game is so full of bugs and glitches, even after the constant daily patches, that it`s hardly worth playing.

To be fair I always play a game for a month before I decide to leave or keep playing so I`ll play for another week,but I don`t foresee myself playing this game beyond next week. Maybe they should haul this clunker back to the beta garage and fix all the bugs and glitches before they put it back on the road again?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2012, 07:29 PM
here we go again ...

2 days later, a 1 GB patch. I figure this is will take about 2 hours to download.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...tfnotagain.jpg

As far as I can tell, my attempts at getting tech support never gets submitted, its like a browser glitch.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by africadoctorwho
here we go again ...

2 days later, a 1 GB patch. I figure this is will take about 2 hours to download.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...tfnotagain.jpg

As far as I can tell, my attempts at getting tech support never gets submitted, its like a browser glitch.
Most of this patch was to add the DS9 bundle in the c-store as well as a few other bug fixes.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2012, 12:30 PM
I haven't had patches this large, should I expect them?