Lt. Commander
# 1 laptop?
02-16-2012, 05:18 PM
I need to know what laptop if any is the best computer to play this game. I need a laptop because i travel. I cannot build a computer. I just need to know which, if any, can play this game. can someone recommend one for me? cost isnt really an obstacle, but of course cheaper would preferable.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2012, 05:42 PM
LOL, I'm playing on an HP with integrated gfx ROFL! Everything logs in just fine, no lag, instant travel, no issues at all and hey, the game looks good too O.O IKR? Who'd have thought ROFL. Anyhow, I paid 398 for this thing at Walmart =P No overheating and even when I've been playing for like ever, the computer isn't even hot and the fan isn't going crazy trying to keep up with the workload...

I guess it really only matters on what you want to do and how you want to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opaserv View Post
LOL, I'm playing on an HP with integrated gfx ROFL! Everything logs in just fine, no lag, instant travel, no issues at all and hey, the game looks good too O.O IKR? Who'd have thought ROFL. Anyhow, I paid 398 for this thing at Walmart =P No overheating and even when I've been playing for like ever, the computer isn't even hot and the fan isn't going crazy trying to keep up with the workload...

I guess it really only matters on what you want to do and how you want to do it.
Hey, thats great news! if you can give me the specs you have, I may go get one, but if anyone else out there knows of a better one lemme know
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm rolling with an HP DV6-3050US. It's sweet. STO runs like a champ on it. I don't think they make the model anymore. But I think you can still get it on Amazon Market for like ~$800. (was about $1000 when I bought it new a year or two ago). Great machine. Quad Phenom II mobile 2GHz + 1GB discrete graphics (actually two chips it'll switch back & forth for low power or high game performance). Pretty good stuff!

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-dv...dp/B003KN3IHG/

But, you could try one of the new AMD A6 or A8-based laptops that have quad-core with built-in mid-range video chipsets... Not too far off the video chipset in my laptop, just "integrated." Just REALLY GOOD "integrated..."
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Based on AMD a8 mobile chips:

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-dv...dp/B0051OLSKQ/
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satell...dp/B005KP0XIO/

Etc...

Passable / "good enough"? Not quite at the same level as mine... The 3050US would probably run circles at higher settings? But, one could play with settings and get decent performance, I'd think? Seriously, though, love my DV6-3050US...