Lt. Commander
# 11
02-27-2012, 07:40 AM
I wouldnt count on this one.

If I understand you right, you made a mistake and I dont think its even possible to remove the ship slots again. So why should they refund and let you either keep the ship slots and giving them for free or, if possible, go through the efford to remove them because you accidently bought something wrong?

If I misunderstood you and your misspurchase was caused by some kind of bug or any mistake clearly on cryptics side you might have more luck.
I know there were refiunds for rename-tokens when there were issues with that, same for misshappening while purchasing ships.
Just recently, when the yellowstone was temporaly removed I not one got a refund without asking, I also still can purchase the Yellowstone. DOnt know if that is purpose or accident. So Cryptic is kind of good-mindet on that side.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Cryptic has a official policy: "Once you have their money, never give it back"...

It's also the first rule of ferengi rules of acquisition.

An no... This is not some comment made on a theory... There are at least 50 threads about this topic, and I think I can remember one single instance where to poster had his purchase revoked and c-points returned.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-01-2012, 03:17 PM
Well I just heard from Cryptic and they did indeed give me a refund even though it was my mistake.

I will probably spend more here now since they were so reasonable to me.

Others should know that while they had me as far as the rules go they chose to treat me fairly.

Thanks Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcibiades001
Well I just heard from Cryptic and they did indeed give me a refund even though it was my mistake.

Others should know that while they had me as far as the rules go they chose to treat me fairly.
You replied before I had chance to answer, and quick too? I made the mistake of making some purchases not so long back, items that I thought would allow me to do what they didn't allow (bad content description if you ask me).

Suffice to say, I contacted support (following the advice of someone here, ( forget their name) and they refunded me the 600 points.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Quote:

Thanks Cryptic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariestrekker
You replied before I had chance to answer, and quick too? I made the mistake of making some purchases not so long back, items that I thought would allow me to do what they didn't allow (bad content description if you ask me).

Suffice to say, I contacted support (following the advice of someone here, ( forget their name) and they refunded me the 600 points.
Well thats is nice to know as when I started reading this I thought to that you were screwed. It was something simaler that occured to me wayback when that was why I too my first big break from the game.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Totally shocked you were even able to get "support" to answer you.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxin58
Totally shocked you were even able to get "support" to answer you.
It did take them two weeks - to the day.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-02-2012, 06:41 AM
Quote:

Thanks Cryptic
No they chose to treat you MORE THAN Fairly. Again this was totally your mistake. It would have been fair for them to not refund your money but they went above and beyond for you. So they deserve a bit more credit than just being fair.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Cryptic has a official policy: "Once you have their money, never give it back"..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr8monkey View Post
I do believe the C-store is run by Ferengi... I'm not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_wirge
Welcome to Quark's Online.

Aaaand, you all just got owned:

Quote:
tbh, they had no obligation to give you anything.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-03-2012, 05:06 AM
Based on the OP's Join date, I think they have a PWE account, not a cryptic account, and so most likely dealt with PWE's support.

Maybe there is something to merging accounts after all?