Lt. Commander
http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=7544

(link to original thread in Archive)

High time we brought this back, now F2P is upon us. Any grizzly old SFC vets kicking about?

1, 2, OP or 3 - its all good!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-24-2012, 08:38 AM
SFC and SFC II rule the ST gaming world. Forever. I never played MP, but still play SP - Excelsiors with plasma torps and Constitutions with missiles - rock and roll over Klingons
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 08:42 AM
I played all the SFC games. I still enjoy flipping through the manual of the 1st and 2nd games from time to time
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-24-2012, 09:15 AM
wonderful games. space combat in STO owes pretty much everything to SFB and the SFC series.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-25-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticImpulser
wonderful games. space combat in STO owes pretty much everything to SFB and the SFC series.
Could have used the longer ranges, disengaging,disabling, degrading systems and power levels, hardpoints, greater amount of customization of ship systems, active damage control repair management, the mass and power requirements and limits in component placement....

On a very basic level, yes STO feels a bit like the old game but in a perfect world, heh pun, I imagine STO graphics with SFC mechanics underneath for space combat. I love STO space stuff, it is fast and fun and I prefer cruisers because they move more like things did onscreen and in SFC, but I do wish it had more of SFC in it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-25-2012, 06:56 AM
i used to play SFC, i still have the game laying around since it first came out god knows how long ago it was.

both STO and SFC mechanics are very similar which is why i never had any problems getting into a fight the first time out when i first came to STO over a year ago.

SFC2 was better, most of the ships were not made up or rediclously overpowered like that ugly dreadnaught, the only problem i had with SFC was the shortness of the campaign, usually if you upgrade fast the game ends quickly, more so then it should.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-25-2012, 09:58 AM
I loved SFC3. Just an absolute blast.

But STO's graphics are prettier... and more stable.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-25-2012, 10:10 AM
I am a Star Fleet Command Vet.. I need to find my CD Key for Star Fleet command 3 still :/ but one thing I have wanted to do was ( kind of a foundry dream of mine ) is to remake all of the federation campaign in foundry. also try to do the same for the klingons, and if we ever get a Rom faction then their missions also. . but then again that would break the rules so it stays a dream for now
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I am a Star Fleet Command Vet.. I need to find my CD Key for Star Fleet command 3 still :/ but one thing I have wanted to do was ( kind of a foundry dream of mine ) is to remake all of the federation campaign in foundry. also try to do the same for the klingons, and if we ever get a Rom faction then their missions also. . but then again that would break the rules so it stays a dream for now
nice.

I can't get SFC3 to work on Windows 7 Pro, even with setting up compatibility to XP. T_T Before STO, I only had that or Legacy.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Missile barrages at close range were amazing.