Lt. Commander
# 21
02-21-2012, 02:09 AM
Welcome KG6EYR!

Much love and best of luck pal! You'll find me *****ing about cryptic or something either in DS9 or your local Zone chat.

If you ever need help give me a shout.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-23-2012, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxium
Welcome KG6EYR!

Much love and best of luck pal! You'll find me *****ing about cryptic or something either in DS9 or your local Zone chat.

If you ever need help give me a shout.
Thanks man, good to be welcomed! Seems like I'm already set to ***** about how people over-post on the bugs already mentioned in the tracker, but I can understand why they do. I suppose it's just my distaste of ignorance, who knows?

I'm sure you'll see me troll from time to time, especially in DS9 zone, simply because I can't help it with some of that failed troll-bait I see posted. *lol* Definitely will give you a shout if I'm in a bind, even moreso if my Fleeties can't bail me out.

If only they made a checksum filter for the value "ID-10-T" Hehe... Would make life so much easier.

Also, your avatar's got me wondering where I've seen that before... Which is awesome, by the way
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Welcome to the party dude.

. . . also. . . Dinking your Klink sounds dirty. . .
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-23-2012, 08:01 AM
Welcome aboard, KG6EYR. Glad to have you with us.

If you want to run KDF missions, just find me in game; I'm always down for KDF missions. Also, join us on the TenForwardForum chat channel for a reliable stream of wackiness.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Welcome to the party dude.

. . . also. . . Dinking your Klink sounds dirty. . .
Good to be here, even if it's two years after I initially registered. *lol* Also, I totally didn't think about that until it was mentioned. Yeah, it does sound dirty, but at least it has nothing involving a Tribble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer View Post
Welcome aboard, KG6EYR. Glad to have you with us.

If you want to run KDF missions, just find me in game; I'm always down for KDF missions. Also, join us on the TenForwardForum chat channel for a reliable stream of wackiness.
Sounds great to me. Honestly I've found that some of the KDF requires a bit more work to get off the ground, so unlike my Fed, I'll try to play my Klink with a bit more tact and strategy. (I mean, dumping every skill point into an all-round character with skills up to Commander being maxed isn't very good for utilizing full potential. Maybe I'll invest in a respec when I can afford it.)

I know the ships take a bit more getting used to, especially some of the aiming/firing arcs. At any rate, I'll be sure to give it a go. And as far as the wackiness, you better believe I'll be there to witness some! As long as it drowns out Zone chat, especially of the Tribble troll variety. *lol*
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-23-2012, 02:12 PM
I've actually turned Zone chat off for the most part, because while there can be occasional fun stuff there, or a noob needing help, it's lost amidst the mindless chatter and arguments.

Anyway, PM me if you like and we can run some stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer View Post
I've actually turned Zone chat off for the most part, because while there can be occasional fun stuff there, or a noob needing help, it's lost amidst the mindless chatter and arguments.

Anyway, PM me if you like and we can run some stuff.
*lol* I've thought about turning off Zone, but there are times where I'd feel too lazy to turn it back on, like when trying to find a fourth and fifth persons to fill STF slots. I tend to leave it on for the lulz, simply because something about watching the troll-foolery is just morbidly fascinating. Thought, I'm sure than in time, I'm gonna shut it off. Can the announcements (DOff assignment completion, new mail, etc.) also be filtered, shut off? I'd rather a shiny button flash, than have my chatbox (and subsequent fleet/team comms) become flooded by system messages.

Also, I need to post a rage/anti-troll disclaimer warning. I seem to either bark up the wrong tree, or feel right in raging at a trollish post... Just so I don't step on/break any fingers. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6eyr View Post
*lol* I've thought about turning off Zone, but there are times where I'd feel too lazy to turn it back on, like when trying to find a fourth and fifth persons to fill STF slots. I tend to leave it on for the lulz, simply because something about watching the troll-foolery is just morbidly fascinating. Thought, I'm sure than in time, I'm gonna shut it off. Can the announcements (DOff assignment completion, new mail, etc.) also be filtered, shut off? I'd rather a shiny button flash, than have my chatbox (and subsequent fleet/team comms) become flooded by system messages.

Also, I need to post a rage/anti-troll disclaimer warning. I seem to either bark up the wrong tree, or feel right in raging at a trollish post... Just so I don't step on/break any fingers. ^^

I put zone and local in one tab, team and RP group in the second, and PMs in the third. That way I don't need to manually toggle on/off zone chat nor does each individual chat tab is at any risk of being flooded.

I like each chat mode separated so I don't have a situation where PMs from other players are lost and ignored (personal experience - hate sending repeat PMs).

You can set it all up in the chat options menu thing.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
I put zone and local in one tab, team and RP group in the second, and PMs in the third. That way I don't need to manually toggle on/off zone chat nor does each individual chat tab is at any risk of being flooded.

I like each chat mode separated so I don't have a situation where PMs from other players are lost and ignored (personal experience - hate sending repeat PMs).

You can set it all up in the chat options menu thing.
Oh, I plan to do some HUD and chatbox rearrangements. My only issue is that I'm running on two different PC's, so each time I log on, the globally saved settings need changed. If I'm not mistaken, I can write a local settings file, but I'm a tad too busy to focus on that right now.

I'll definitely do the tab setup there, as that sounds like the better layout. Thanks for the tip.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Yes, it's kind of a chore to re-do all the chat and HUD configs for each new character. Can't they make the settings permanent on the client side, anyway?