Lt. Commander
The past couple of days I've noticed in PvE space combat my ship seemingly decides to speed up or slow down on its own accord at random times - the speed slider bar actually moves up and down.

My engine power level doesn't seem to change, and I can't tell if this is b/c of any sort of debuff or if my helmsman is just drunk on duty. If he is, he's going out the airlock

Anyone else have this issue? Have I missed something in the release notes?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankerdog View Post
The past couple of days I've noticed in PvE space combat my ship seemingly decides to speed up or slow down on its own accord at random times - the speed slider bar actually moves up and down.

My engine power level doesn't seem to change, and I can't tell if this is b/c of any sort of debuff or if my helmsman is just drunk on duty. If he is, he's going out the airlock

lol, i have noticed this as well and i believe it happened after the last patch. at least its not just me. quite annoying. i think i also encountered it in pvp as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Quote:
If he is, he's going out the airlock
He's probably a cylon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2012, 01:16 AM
I believe it has to do with adjusting your speed. If you click anywhere near your throttle control, it causes the throttle to move with your mouse, so if you're clicking buttons in your skills panel, it causes the gauge to move with it, thus slowing you down and speeding you up as you move it. It's VERY annoying, as you can be clicking buttons, getting ready to do an attack run around an enemy vessel only for your speed to inexplicably drop to near zero, giving the enemy enough time to wallop you in the rear with half a dozen torpedoes. Hopefully this patch will fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:

I noticed this as well during the weekend. First I thought it was me hitting a wrong key then after it did it quite a few times put it down to lag!
However, after checking my connection & ping times, ruled this out. Decided to sit in a system for a while & not press anything. Low & behold, the ghost of Kirk started adjusting my speed! Spooky... o.O

Also noticed that my ships(s) now seem to slide alot (as if they're on an ice rink!) when turning & sometimes when going in a straight line (which does look amusing btw), & when coming to a complete stop it now stops dead (can I sue for whiplash?) & is instant (whereas before it would come to a gentle stop & glide forward a tiny bit)

And on a final note, noticed in STF's that although I have MACO shields, engine, deflector fitted & good resistances, etc, the Borg are hitting like I have zero defences! Cubes are popping others more than usual.. Even Spheres have been one shotting myself & others & ripping through shields like they don't exist so something is definitely amiss....
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Same thing is happening to me too. . It is VERY annoying. I hope this gets fixed soon. They sure have been braking a lot of stuff lately. I am not even going to mention how much Ker'rat is broken.......