Lt. Commander
# 1 Unable to use ground weapons.
02-18-2012, 09:40 AM
So, recently I suddenly couldn't fire any ground weapons.. what is wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2012, 02:40 PM
I've intermittently had that problem, sometimes beaming up to the ship helps, other times logging completely out of game and back in helped. It's really frustrating if you're in the middle of a battle and can't move or fire, since you can't beam out until the fighting is over. I hate sitting idly getting shot over and over without being able to do anything about it.

After having it happen several times, I'm not certain, but it *feels* like it happens to me more often when there is lag - from the server or my end - so the whole logging out and back in thing probably is just giving me something to do. Can't say for certain that this is the case, no documentation to back it up, but my guess is the server is experiencing a huge drag right now based on the number of complaints of not being able to log in, being stuck somewhere, etc. and as a result, the response time is too low/nonexistent and you're experiencing this as a result.

Sorry I have no more insight, just wanted you to know - I feel your pain, and have experienced it many times myself, so you are not alone. I hate it when I post something and no one says anything so I feel like the only one. If you figure out anything else, please post so I know what to do next time.