Lt. Commander
This is the second time that this issue has happened over the past 2 weeks. Each time it has happened has been following a friday season episode patch. I solved the problem last time by uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

My computer is fine. The hard drive is fine. The firewall, virus, and all commonly cited excuses are fine. And I still can play on the testing server. I just can't play on the live server.

The problem is: I attempt to launch the game. The launcher loads to the Cryptic screen. Midway through attempting to load the game, the game crashes, vanishes, and I am prompted with a "OOPS" box.

I attempt to reload the launcher. I allow the launcher to verify all files. This does not fix the problem.

Yes I have rebooted the computer. Yes it is plugged in.

Today, the verification process crashed as well.

I suggest this is a cryptic-side issue. I say this because the problem is happening after episode patches. And, I can successfully launch and play on the holodeck server.

Now I am debating if it is worth my time to uninstall and reinstall this game.

Anyone out there with a solution?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Let's see if a complete uninstall/reinstall works.

For some reason I am reminded of the origional nintendo. Maybe if I blow really hard into the CD Drive, it will work.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Perhaps I expect more...
03-02-2012, 08:28 PM
I have played MMO's since the release of Everquest. Perhaps my expectations are too high, but I find the semi-daily patching, continual bugs and of course the constant re-downloading of this game to be, at the least, tedious. Fix the bugs, folks. Patch once or twice a week in the early A.M. on the same day every week so people don't log in thinking to play only to wait for hours for another unannounced patch. I am going to start keeping track of how many more times I must redownload this game for this particular problem of crashing at the CRYPTIC screen. When the total reaches 5, both my money and I are leaving.

Good Day to you.