Lt. Commander
# 11
02-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zypher2011
Can you please tell us your source of information?

I suppose your going to tell us all that they are not making the big Od saucer sep and with an aux vehicle?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~ Suricata
http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-22-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane53
The link you provided clearly states there will be an Odyssey Variant in March:

Variant of Odyssey Star Cruiser to C-Store [27]
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-22-2012, 06:29 PM
the extra boff slot was a bug, and they removed it from the prototype about half way through the anniversary event.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Well according to the video, it will be a C-store item in the next month or so. Im glad since I missed the episode where people got it as a reward.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-22-2012, 11:16 PM
I hafta say, I wouldn't mind spending money for a ship significantly better than others...

My issue is this: Currently, C-Store ships, at least VA ones are just that... All VA ships. there is nothing higher... yet.

Rather than just a new design with Boffs arranges a bit differently on each one, give us a ship that we can possibly pay for that is Actually an upgrade. Something with 6 BOFF slots and a hanger bay. Maybe down the road with fleet starbases, even the option to install a Battle Cloak device on it.

I realize that Adm and FA are down the road, but I truly, oh-so truly hope that ships earned at those levels aren't the same as VA ships.

As a fleet mate put it once..."When do we get the 'big kid' ships, Cryptic" I think many of us are waiting for the colossus dreadnoughts and such to come out We shall see though...

Once again though, When everyone is super, No one will be.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace-Dreadnought View Post
I hafta say, I wouldn't mind spending money for a ship significantly better than others...

My issue is this: Currently, C-Store ships, at least VA ones are just that... All VA ships. there is nothing higher... yet.

Rather than just a new design with Boffs arranges a bit differently on each one, give us a ship that we can possibly pay for that is Actually an upgrade. Something with 6 BOFF slots and a hanger bay. Maybe down the road with fleet starbases, even the option to install a Battle Cloak device on it.

I realize that Adm and FA are down the road, but I truly, oh-so truly hope that ships earned at those levels aren't the same as VA ships.

As a fleet mate put it once..."When do we get the 'big kid' ships, Cryptic" I think many of us are waiting for the colossus dreadnoughts and such to come out We shall see though...

Once again though, When everyone is super, No one will be.
I get the feeling that, because we have the c-store ships, we probably won't be seeing Admiral and Fleet Admiral ships. Making the ships that people may have put upwards of 20 to25 bucks into suddenly obsolete seems like a bad business decision and might end up pushing players away rather than drawing them in.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verasgunn View Post
I get the feeling that, because we have the c-store ships, we probably won't be seeing Admiral and Fleet Admiral ships. Making the ships that people may have put upwards of 20 to25 bucks into suddenly obsolete seems like a bad business decision and might end up pushing players away rather than drawing them in.
If that is always the case, I feel that Cryptic will never go anywhere. We can't hang in VA ships forever. Imagine, "year 5...6....7" and still the same old sovereign or galaxy or something...

An idea is perhaps make Retrofits of the current C-store VA ships. Perhaps add visual differences though, to make them look a bit more "believable" so to say. Possibly add a 3rd nacelle for most of the cruisers... Maybe make the Galaxy Dreadnought with that sensor wing like the nebula (as we have seen variants of before)
I don't really know all the details now, but I'm sure there is a way.

Another idea I'v thought of before is to leave VA as the normal "cap". Only a certain percentage of players, ones that play the most and kill the most borg/klingons...etc. Those players would get Admiral rank, and an even smaller percentage perhaps achieve Fleet Admiral rank.

We would actually earn our promotion compared to the other players rather than simply after killing x amount of npcs and grinding x amount of missions.

If players didn't keep up, they could be demoted back to VA... possibly lower... that would require serious makeover skills though.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
If that is always the case, I feel that Cryptic will never go anywhere. We can't hang in VA ships forever. Imagine, "year 5...6....7" and still the same old sovereign or galaxy or something...

An idea is perhaps make Retrofits of the current C-store VA ships. Perhaps add visual differences though, to make them look a bit more "believable" so to say. Possibly add a 3rd nacelle for most of the cruisers... Maybe make the Galaxy Dreadnought with that sensor wing like the nebula (as we have seen variants of before)
I don't really know all the details now, but I'm sure there is a way.

Another idea I'v thought of before is to leave VA as the normal "cap". Only a certain percentage of players, ones that play the most and kill the most borg/klingons...etc. Those players would get Admiral rank, and an even smaller percentage perhaps achieve Fleet Admiral rank.

We would actually earn our promotion compared to the other players rather than simply after killing x amount of npcs and grinding x amount of missions.

If players didn't keep up, they could be demoted back to VA... possibly lower... that would require serious makeover skills though.
Well, I believe the idea with Fleet Admiral is that they're going to be giving us the ability to create our own Fleet of ships which we then get to command, which is the benefit of hitting that particular rank. Admiral itself could possibly be an in between rank, much like Rear Admiral Upper Half.

But seriously, if you think about it, if you ended up spending who knows how much on ships from a C-store wouldn't you be mad if they were suddenly made completely useless to endgame content because we have a new rank. It's one thing to toss aside a ship you get for free while heading towards VA, it's another thing entirely to discharge the ship you paid real world currency on.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verasgunn View Post
Well, I believe the idea with Fleet Admiral is that they're going to be giving us the ability to create our own Fleet of ships which we then get to command, which is the benefit of hitting that particular rank. Admiral itself could possibly be an in between rank, much like Rear Admiral Upper Half.

But seriously, if you think about it, if you ended up spending who knows how much on ships from a C-store wouldn't you be mad if they were suddenly made completely useless to endgame content because we have a new rank. It's one thing to toss aside a ship you get for free while heading towards VA, it's another thing entirely to discharge the ship you paid real world currency on.
to your first para, I agree partially. I would say that Admiral should allow us to use newer, better ships with more than 5 Boffs and all the bells + whistles, while Fleet Admiral would allow us to own and command multiple VA + Adm ships.

To your second para. I covered that part already. Possibly the current VA C-store ships would make a good addition to a FA's fleet. Or, as said previously, the C-store ships could receive an upgrade, both performance and physical-wise. That way they could possibly keep up with the Adm ships.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
And we neither can have 70% of the in game players being Admirals.

The adding new ships is fine but continue to expand the ships tiers create the problem of making the lowest ranks irrelevant, new ships should be added to Captain and Rear Admiral instead of pushing for more VA ships that I do think should be a mix of C-Shop ships and a few non-pay ships.