Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptic Message
02-18-2012, 02:41 PM
i recently went to the c-store directly without logging in and noticed an interesting message on the screen to buy more C-points:

"Prices shown don't reflect any account-specific discounts."

and I wondered what this means. i thought it might be some kind of bonus to gold accounts (i have a lifetime sub) but after logging in the prices remained the same. I wonder what kind of account discounts there are and if anyone could shed some light on this.

P.S. cryptic, it is also my humbe opinion that gold members *should* get a c-store discount. it would encourage people to become gold-members if they plan on buying c-points, and reward those of us with subscriptions. I personally feel like the benefits to gold accounts are not significant enough and would stop my subsciption if i was actually paying by the month. this is a nice compromise to simply increasing the stipend because i couldn't simply wait long enough to buy stuff i wanted in the store i would have to actively give you money to get the free points.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Over at CO they got on their schedule apparently to add C-store coupons.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2012, 06:17 PM
account specific coupons? thats a peculiar way of doing things but i suppose if they wanted to reward ppl playing on tribble or gold members with coupons (instead of or along with) a permanent bonus i guess
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2012, 01:48 AM
*shrug*
I just know they are planning some kind of C-Store coupon. Whats their use and if it's account or character, no idea.

But it does seem to fall nicely in line with account specific discounts, no?