Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinead
i'd rather lose a whole day of STO if it meant u could fix the majority of problems being thrown up on a to regular basis
exactly what i'm saying they do it with CO i don't see why they cant do it here i don't mind if they plan it a week in advance to take the game down for a day i wouldn't mind at least then it's expected, the way it's going now i'm playing and all of a sudden i see the game is going down in a half hour and a lot of missions cant be finished in that amount of time. i just like the way they update at champions normally just once a week most of the issues they are attempting to fix are rushed and aren't event that urgent.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-19-2012, 01:31 AM
It occurs to me with all this dumping on Cryptic for frequent patching due to new content being added that they will be loath to add new content very often. Lets just hope that the small number of complaints in these threads do not discourage them.

You can't have it both ways.

I for one have no problem with the 2 hour per day patching especially if it is related to expanding content and improving the game.

There are plenty of things to do when the game is down to including posting and reading in the forum. For just as many people shutting it down at the time they do probably saves them from being fired from their job as they call it a night and go to bed like they should. Others get a bite to eat, or catch up on some other things they have been neglecting.

Many posters in these threads harp on the fact that it cuts into their small window of time to play due to their personal life schedule, but lets face it; you are in a very small minority. I am glad I am not you is all I can say.

I don't see it as one step forward two steps back at all. I accept the fact that the patches sometimes break other things, but the vast majority of players probably don't even see what got broken before before it is fixed. There are exceptions of course such as when the autofire got broken, but even then there was a work arround.

While were at it lets not forget. The game is now F2P and the vast majority of us love it.


I have managed to accumalet close to 100 million credits. I can't even complain about the drop boxes and the keys. I can just buy the Galor on the exhange if I want it bad enough.

Oh; lest I forget; I have a billion credit account from paying 400CP that I farmed in Kerrat.

On the fair side if you want to complain about something legitamate I would harp on how Gold and Lifetime Subscriptions have drawn the short end of the stick. The only thing that blows my mind is that many of them don't feel that way.

Cryptic has done far more things right than the small number of things they have done wrong and given the fact that you can never expect perfection that says a lot.

You can please most people most of the time, but you can't please everyone all the time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-19-2012, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk4 View Post
Will this fix the 'Cage of Fire' Nav Beacon issue please?
I got hung up on that one today as well.

I think I wasted 30 minutes looking for it before finally breaking down and searching the forums for information about the issue.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-19-2012, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryMyers View Post
just my personal opinion but i think a lot of people would be happier if you just fixed everything once a week instead of taking the server down every other day it's been annoying how often the server has been going down i'm sure we can wait for something to be fixed if it means we get more playing time.
if they only take it down once a week to fix things we have to go all week with the stuff they broke while trying to fix things no thnx i'll take emergency patches any day of the week
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-19-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drysyn
if they only take it down once a week to fix things we have to go all week with the stuff they broke while trying to fix things no thnx i'll take emergency patches any day of the week

im gonna have to agree with that ESPECIALLY because the impulse bug is hella annoying
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-19-2012, 06:51 AM
So... No patch notes so I'm guessing nothing was actually done. There are so many annoying bugs in this game right now that need to be fixed. Stop slacking and actually earn your pay for a change!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
So... No patch notes so I'm guessing nothing was actually done. There are so many annoying bugs in this game right now that need to be fixed. Stop slacking and actually earn your pay for a change!
The OP (Original Post) in this thread has the patch notes. They said specifically that this was a simple maintenance update to fix the issue with next week's mission accidentally being offered this week. All this maintenance does is remove that option.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Ops, you forgot to lock the thread after maint.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-19-2012, 01:08 PM
can you also fix the bug so when u move the cuser/mouse it will not auto adjust ship throttle? my cuser is not even next to throttle and moving it makes the throttle move.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
It occurs to me with all this dumping on Cryptic for frequent patching due to new content being added that they will be loath to add new content very often. Lets just hope that the small number of complaints in these threads do not discourage them.
what new content? the FE? they were doing this daily shutdown long before it came out. and if they try to use people not liking it as an excuse to not add content that would really be saying something about cryptic.

Quote:
While were at it lets not forget. The game is now F2P and the vast majority of us love it.
you don't speak for the vast majority, and there are alot that don't love it. F2P has nothing to do with the daily shutdowns. it was going on before it went F2P

Quote:
Many posters in these threads harp on the fact that it cuts into their small window of time to play due to their personal life schedule, but lets face it; you are in a very small minority.
what? if anything they are in the overwhelming majority. common sense say that most people that play an online game, this or any other, have a schedule. whether that is work or school or whatever else.

Quote:
I have managed to accumalet close to 100 million credits. I can't even complain about the drop boxes and the keys. I can just buy the Galor on the exhange if I want it bad enough
most people don't have anywhere near that kind of cash. and even if they did it has nothing to do with whats wrong with the lockbox concept.

Quote:
On the fair side if you want to complain about something legitamate I would harp on how Gold and Lifetime Subscriptions have drawn the short end of the stick
excuse me? you're saying this isn't a legitimate issue? and then saying golds and lifetimes need more? bs. they're getting exactly what they paid for, and this is a legitimate issue.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:29 AM.