Lt. Commander
Title covers an extensive range of content in STO, but the question is rather simple:

Will there ever come a time, when we'll have additional STFs, PVP maps and Fleet Actions, based around the various Feature Episode "arcs" ?

At this point, I would love to see some Romulan, Devidian and Breen STFs (since I primarily do PVE content), with Fleet Actions being larger engagements with the various enemy factions. It's been suggested that some of the previous Feature Episode maps could be converted into functional PVP maps, but we have yet to see any new PVP maps being added to the game.

And in closing:

With the conclusion of the 'The 2800" Dominion Feature Episodes, will there be any of the above suggested additions, or will we go "content dry" until the next set of Feature Episodes? Would love to be able to do more STFs versus Dominion forces, rather than always fighting the Borg. The new Anti-Dominion rewards from the Feature Episodes, strongly suggest a renewed interest in fighting the Dominion in the future of STO.

Discuss.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2012, 05:09 PM
"Soon."

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2012, 05:56 PM
You forgot the "tm" part
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Apparently this thread is off to a great start. Full of serious discussion and all. *sighs*

Ah well, guess i'll go back to "dreaming" that STO might get more content one of these days...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2012, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkthunder View Post
Apparently this thread is off to a great start. Full of serious discussion and all. *sighs*

Ah well, guess i'll go back to "dreaming" that STO might get more content one of these days...
To be honest, there's no way of knowing. We have no precedent to base judgement off of. We've had 3 FEs so far, and nothing has come as a result of them - no new STFs, no new FAs, no new PvP maps, nothing. They're more or less standalone content.

We've been told more STFs (Into the Hive, Children of Khan) are coming ever since Infected was first released - but other than a few mentions as "Long term goals" on the old Engineering Reports, nothing was ever heard about them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Allegedly, a PvP map was designed alongside the current Featured Series.

Quote:
New PVP Map with Feature Episode Series 4 (King of the Hill)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Allegedly, a PvP map was designed alongside the current Featured Series.
Key word being, "Allegedly". Remains to be seen.

More PvP maps would be great, but my question was in relation to both -past- Feature Episodes, -current- and -future-. I would hope that Cryptic uses their art assets to the best of their ability, on more than "1 use mission content". Sure, missions can be replayed. But i'm reasonably certain that most only run missions "once", unless it's specifically to grab a specific accolade along the way.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Key word being, "Allegedly". Remains to be seen.

More PvP maps would be great, but my question was in relation to both -past- Feature Episodes, -current- and -future-. I would hope that Cryptic uses their art assets to the best of their ability, on more than "1 use mission content". Sure, missions can be replayed. But i'm reasonably certain that most only run missions "once", unless it's specifically to grab a specific accolade along the way.
Allegedly meaning the August 2011 Engineering report--slightly greater than 0% probability but, still, no guarantees.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Will there ever come a time, when we'll have additional STFs, PVP maps and Fleet Actions, based around the various Feature Episode "arcs" ?
I would love to see this happen for some arcs.

Some friends and I think that 'Cutting the Cord' would have made a nice STF.
It is possible to play it five player now, but we find most normal missions just aren't fun with 5 people. They become way too easy.

And before anyone panics, I was not advocating taking the mission away to turn it into an stf only. It would be nice to have the option to play it as either in normal mission format or stf format. I see nothing wrong with having the game tell the same mission story in two different formats if the story lends itself that way.

That being said, some FE arcs just wouldn't work for an STF or Fleet Action. I would not want Cryptic to skip over some good story ideas just because they can't get an STF out of them. Some stories work great in the 5 episode arc format that just would not translate into an STF well. The Devidian arc comes to mind.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2012, 12:20 AM
If there was new STFs, I like them to be more like the old STFs than the newer queued version. That way you don't lose story.

With new PvP maps, long overdue.

With new Fleet Actions, NO!

Why? Because the old ones have became virtually abandoned, some are bugged (Gekli) and some are just insanely long (Big Dig). I really don't want them to spend time with that as new content, only to have it empty after a few weeks.