Lt. Commander
# 21
02-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KribDeth View Post
And, I'm unreasonable?

Wow.
YES your being completely unreasonable.

Note there is not a MMO out there that players don't seek information outside the game. So if you can't handle it, go back to single player games. It's really that simple.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-18-2012, 10:43 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-18-2012, 10:45 PM
What are you talking about?
Each mission tells you where to go: System, Sector, Sector Block (not always in that order)

Are you seeing broken dialogue for a mission not telling you where to go?
What mission is that?

Note: i'm looking at the missions right now to see what text is broken, and don't see any.

Quote:
My friend says that this "AutoPilot" is relatively a new function (within the last month). I'm still trying to do it the old way (which is what I was thought to do).

How about a Navigation tutorial?

Bye.
No, it's abeen around for at least a year. it was here when I joined a year ago. I don't know how long before that.

And there is a Navigational tutorial popup already.
i'd have to start a new character to tell you exactly when it shows.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Success! :d
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
I wanted to like this game.

<snip>

I"m not coming back..
K, bye. ........................
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
What are you talking about?
Each mission tells you where to go: System, Sector, Sector Block (not always in that order)

Are you seeing broken dialogue for a mission not telling you where to go?
What mission is that?

Note: i'm looking at the missions right now to see what text is broken, and don't see any.

No, it's abeen around for at least a year. it was here when I joined a year ago. I don't know how long before that.

And there is a Navigational tutorial popup already.
i'd have to start a new character to tell you exactly when it shows.
It's some mission involving the Eirhess system, in the Teneebia sector. But, you'll never figure that out by talking to the Admiral who wants you to go there.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-18-2012, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Willfull ignorance on your part is NOT cryptic's fault. How have the other thousands of players on this game managed since launch? God forbid that you actually have to do SOMETHING for yourself in an MMO, right?
Again, uh, yeah...too much work for a game. It's a game, last time I checked. A game? Understand? Yoohoo!
So in order for you to have fun in a game, it needs to essentially play itself while you just watch? Because that's what it would have to do for STO to be any easier to get around than it already is.

Quote:
I love your "willfull ignorance" comment. It's as if we're born with the knowledge and then just fail to use it.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Quote:
You're an idiot.
I know.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
It's some mission involving the Eirhess system, in the Teneebia sector. But, you'll never figure that out by talking to the Admiral who wants you to go there.
Do you have a mission name?
Since it takes place in the Teneebia Sector, it would be apart of the Romulan Mystery story arc, but I just double checked those listings and I don't see a single one directing you to Eirhess.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Navigation is not a problem at all it took me all of 5 minutes to figure our how to navigate the map. And the game does have an autopilot option btw and even transwarp. Navigation is perfect as far as i'm concerned.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Things like this could use a little more tutorial for new players. That being said, I don't know how in-depth this could reasonably get. A tutorial that explains every possible tab and double-click function is kind of clunky. I think the current transwarp is a good compromise, keeps stuff playable while players learn the ropes, or convenient when they want it easy.

I don't want to see people driven away from the community, but it's pretty clear the OP wasn't looking for help or solutions by the time he posted this and took offense at any suggestions. It's too bad he had a fruitless experience asking for help in-game, but one often has to be a bit more resourceful or at least patient.

I personally hope that after he 'saves face' by ragequitting here he takes what he's learned about navigation and gives it another try. But whatever, it's his time to spend.
Closed Thread