Lt. Commander
But to force players to watch them over and over when redoing a mission, is a little....frustrating.

It seems there's a whole host of missions, especially the new featured series where you can't skip the cut scene videos

Is there any chance we could get that option added to ALL cut scenes?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPD View Post
But to force players to watch them over and over when redoing a mission, is a little....frustrating.

It seems there's a whole host of missions, especially the new featured series where you can't skip the cut scene videos

Is there any chance we could get that option added to ALL cut scenes?
Agreed, I would replay second wave quite a bit, but twice was all I could take.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2012, 03:05 PM
I love the cut scenes, but I do get a bit tired of them after a few runs. (no disrespect to the dev who made them). I would love to be able to ESC out of them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Same here, maybe adding it so you can't skip them if you haven't seen them but once you have it's just the escape button or something
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
Same here, maybe adding it so you can't skip them if you haven't seen them but once you have it's just the escape button or something
That seems appropriate to me
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2012, 03:15 PM
there was some you could skip... like in the Reman series I think... and it was the esc key... I winder why they removed them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2012, 03:22 PM
The only problem with that idea is -

What if you have a team doing the missions, and some of them have played the missions and seen the cutscenes and some of them have not?

Are the ones who have seen it before going to be forced to watch them?

Or the opposite problem - what if the cutscenes get interrupted before the players unfamiliar with the mission get to see them? Not only do they miss story content but they might miss important information about what exactly to do.

If the game allows the cutscenes to be tabbed out of only by those who have seen them and not those who haven't, then doesn't that mean the ones who ARE locked into seeing them might fall behind on what's going on around them? For a short period of time, some players would be able to move around and react to the immediate environment, but other party members would be stuck (or maybe not phased into the instance properly).

What bias should the game have? I'd say the bias should be in favor of those who haven't seen the cutscenes yet.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aariny
The only problem with that idea is -

What if you have a team doing the missions, and some of them have played the missions and seen the cutscenes and some of them have not?

Are the ones who have seen it before going to be forced to watch them?

Or the opposite problem - what if the cutscenes get interrupted before the players unfamiliar with the mission get to see them? Not only do they miss story content but they might miss important information about what exactly to do.

If the game allows the cutscenes to be tabbed out of only by those who have seen them and not those who haven't, then doesn't that mean the ones who ARE locked into seeing them might fall behind on what's going on around them? For a short period of time, some players would be able to move around and react to the immediate environment, but other party members would be stuck (or maybe not phased into the instance properly).

What bias should the game have? I'd say the bias should be in favor of those who haven't seen the cutscenes yet.
"Wait for the team" mechanics already exist. There is no harm in allowing some to skip the scene and simply having them wait for others to catch up. Even without that, it's just good manners to wait for your team.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2012, 03:29 PM
[quote=Aariny
Or the opposite problem - what if the cutscenes get interrupted before the players unfamiliar with the mission get to see them? Not only do they miss story content but they might miss important information about what exactly to do. t.[/QUOTE]

Simple solution to that, add an optionin the settings menu for setting a hot key, or option, to allow the skipping of scenes

Or, when pressing ESC, pause the cutscene and ask to confirm if they wish to skip the dialogue

I'd much rather have AN option, than none at all
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Hardy View Post
there was some you could skip... like in the Reman series I think... and it was the esc key... I winder why they removed them.
They didn't. You can still skip the cutscenes in Mine Enemy. Just not in eny mission after that.