Lt. Commander
# 11
02-19-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalic89
1 thats part of MMOs get used to it a patch will add somewhere but then will affect other parts
Actually testing patches first minimizes the impact of this
Quote:
2 Diplomacy DOFFs there are a few things to do but yeah more would be nice crafting there is another but thats getting an overhaul soon
Indeed, stuff to do, but it's so shallow, that if you've spent 5 minutes on it you've pretty much seen the extent of it.
Quote:
3 thats just staff cant be helped and Dan i think is perfect besides i think the only reason they had to staff like that was due to ATARI
Blame the old guy is wearing real thin.
Quote:
4 do you want to play the game?? if so the game needs to make money if it doesnt it will die this is what a lot of Free to Play MMOs are doing now
Making money is fine, but there are ethical ways to do it. And for the record I'd much rather the plug were pulled on this game.
Quote:
5 they normally do unless its something they need to talk through with other people first
I would buy that if that thread hadn't been asking for a response for over a week.

Quote:
Cryptic is respectable they have just gone through a hard time this past year and are starting to climb again give it time
Sleaze is not the way to dig oneself out of such a pit.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
1 thats part of MMOs get used to it a patch will add somewhere but then will affect other parts
Nah, what cursor is pointing out isn't part of other MMOs, because other MMOs don't have the type of terrible Q&A process this game has. He's citing examples of bugs they've already fixed making it back into the game as bugs. This happens because as the devs have pointed out multiple times in the past, they do not have the ability to go backwards on their builds when going from their testing environment to tribble to holodeck. So what keeps happening is someone's got the older code on whatever station they have to work on, and it's bugs keep coming back in-game. Because they don't have good Q&A. Heck even DStahl mentioned that while under Atari they couldn't upgrade their workstations. It appears they still can't. No cups in the kitchen. This is not a problem other developers have.

Quote:
3 thats just staff cant be helped and Dan i think is perfect besides i think the only reason they had to staff like that was due to ATARI
You can't blame Atari for this stuff anymore. They've been gone for ages. Dan's got a lot to deal with. The honeymoon was over before he left. Now he left and came back. The game is way off path from the stuff he promised. And all of the issues that they were "working on" back then are still unaddressed. Again Cursor raises a very valid point. Dan left. Came back. Were there no other qualified applicants? If not, what's that say about the direction of the game. Dan's vision for the game the first time around really didn't mesh with Perfect World's vision. Dan said prices would go down in the c-store. They overall went up. Dan said the economy was getting a revamp, but he made it sound completely different than what we got with Dilithium. Dan said they now had the ability to hire new, qualified staff. Instead they hire Dan back. Where's all that money going to develop this game? Cursor raises very valid questions about the future of this game.

Quote:
if so the game needs to make money if it doesnt it will die this is what a lot of Free to Play MMOs are doing now
Where'd all that holiday gift box money go? Into development? Where's all that Galor lockbox money going?

Quote:
Cryptic is respectable they have just gone through a hard time this past year and are starting to climb again give it time
People have been giving it time. This game had many of these problems 2 years ago.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Where'd all that holiday gift box money go? Into development? Where's all that Galor lockbox money going?
If I had to take a wild stab at it, I'd guess holiday box money went into developing Cardassian Lock Boxes, and that money will go into scheming up the next random prize hustle that doesn't disclose odds.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Whilst some of these points are valid concerns, there are already threads regarding all of these issues. Also, as can already be seen, these kind of threads usually just turn into a flamefest of 'us vs them' ammongst the players with random personal potshots taken at devs. This thread is only gonna go downhill so I'm afraid I'm going to have to close it.
Closed Thread