Lt. Commander
Right click your chat box name and scroll down to " SYSTEM " the yellow box color and click the check area to uncheck it. This will turn off the stupid galor announcements that no one cares about. Hope it helps.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2012, 09:12 AM
system has been off for me.

resident evil@Jconrie was issued a Galor-class Cardassian cruiser!

Malefic@maule was issued a Galor-class Cardassian cruiser!

Unless that is bugged and doesnt work for all. Took out a few letters from name for heh Privacy
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2012, 09:27 AM
That's great except for one giant glaring problem

Doing that turns off ALL SYSTEM MESSAGES

That is NOT the answer the vast majority of us want. Please do not sell it as such. We want the Galor messages gone and no future messages of this type.

I will give you this, is it technically a way to get rid of the messages.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2012, 09:32 AM
This only work for the Chat box, you will still get a All Wide System message on the center of your screen.

Under Options, select HUD, and move the announcemnt box to either side of your viewship, so at least, it will not appear at the center like it does. And yes, you will still get the announcement of the Galor winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Luke
Right click your chat box name and scroll down to " SYSTEM " the yellow box color and click the check area to uncheck it. This will turn off the stupid galor announcements that no one cares about. Hope it helps.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Luke
I was reading over the EULA and found that acording to it they should not be publicing anouncing people's accounts, but i guess since they are the company they can do what ever.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2012, 09:44 AM
I would consider their name not to be their account tbh, plus I wouldn't say it's being put on public display either. It's basically sto players seeing it, and we do that already in chat. Clutching at straws I'm afraid.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Quote:
I was reading over the EULA and found that acording to it they should not be publicing anouncing people's accounts, but i guess since they are the company they can do what ever.
they can't do whatever they want. EULA's and tos agreements are legally binding contracts. both sides are required to adhere to them. what they're doing points the finger at people and makes them targets for spam, harassment and hackers/account thieves

Quote:
I would consider their name not to be their account tbh, plus I wouldn't say it's being put on public display either. It's basically sto players seeing it, and we do that already in chat. Clutching at straws I'm afraid.
if its shown en mass to STO players that makes it a public display. and its explicitly stating that these people just won a certain item that would make them a good target for people to steal from. its not clutching at straws. if one of those system messages results in a single person getting their account stolen or themselves harassed they have grounds to get cryptic in trouble.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
they can't do whatever they want. EULA's and tos agreements are legally binding contracts. both sides are required to adhere to them. what they're doing points the finger at people and makes them targets for spam, harassment and hackers/account thieves

if its shown en mass to STO players that makes it a public display. and its explicitly stating that these people just won a certain item that would make them a good target for people to steal from. its not clutching at straws. if one of those system messages results in a single person getting their account stolen or themselves harassed they have grounds to get cryptic in trouble.
It's an advertising gimmick to get the more gullible types to also want one so they'll spend a few bucks at the c-store. They don't care how annoying it is to everybody else as long as they can squeeze out some extra cash from it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2012, 10:16 AM
I've already read a post of someone who won a Galor had to log off. He got so many tells he couldn't respond to them.

Peoples handles are displayed game wide. If they chose to chat their handles are only displayed in the chat box and in the channel they are in. It's not announced to the whole game, in the center of the screen.

This is interfering with people privacy while gaming in STO. It's causing some of them to get lots of spam after winning.

Can someone send you a tell by your handle? Like if you log off one character the can just send you a tell to @handle like you can with the mail?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Link please, if you don't mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
I've already read a post of someone who won a Galor had to log off. He got so many tells he couldn't respond to them.

Peoples handles are displayed game wide. If they chose to chat their handles are only displayed in the chat box and in the channel they are in. It's not announced to the whole game, in the center of the screen.

This is interfering with people privacy while gaming in STO. It's causing some of them to get lots of spam after winning.

Can someone send you a tell by your handle? Like if you log off one character the can just send you a tell to @handle like you can with the mail?