Lt. Commander
these are not easy to get or too expensive when getting from exchange.
these format doesnt make sense.

just my opinion or the way i am 'proposing' an idea to revise just those "NPC" non-duty personals with colonists and prisoners should be treated as "commodities" format, instead of unlocked by officer pack or earn it by not often used missions that doesnt happen too frequently.

it doesnt make sense when we get those DoFF missions and dont have them on roster, and they doesnt fill up fast when we need them.
either cut down that mission as rare mission event, or add/upped more of those "transportable" non-duty npcs.

okay, my idea was about "getting them" more often.

capture hostile members during ground/space mission, and these can use for prisoner exchange or camps.

also for colonists, we can "save the hostages" or liberated and relocate to any selected colony bases, or pick them up and transport.

anyway, i cant afford buying from exchange if there was no available non-duty npcs, folks are too greedy worse than ferengi or Mr Mudd.
it feel so wrong playing federation starfleet with "greed factor", and it feel like "slave-trade" by selling non-duty npcs, but klingons may not care but they are also "honorable" faction, but those other lowlifes would make shady deals and klingons would look other way.

there should be as commodities format for those two non-duty npcs or pick those up as bonus mission items, folks are tired of batteries. (these batteries can be made in Memory Alpha) > that open for other topic on batteries, these drops seem a low blow and no one wants it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2012, 11:02 AM
I've been able to get colonists pretty reliably, and my Klingon gets prisoners all the time (Marauding missions).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2012, 11:18 AM
How do I get colonists and prisoners? i just notice sometimes I have them sometimes I don't.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2012, 11:26 AM
It is extremely easy to get more colonitsts by finding the "Resettling Colonists" Mission. You just got to go out and find which sector it is in. Maybe sign up on the DOFFJOBS channel and ask people where the mission is at and save you trouble of searching.

As for Prisoners, as said above it's extremely easy for Klingons to get Prisoners by doing Marauding missions or buying them from Orions (which itself is a Marauding mission).

For Federation prisoners, do military missions and esiponage missions. Sometimes certain diplomacy missions yield prisoners too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2012, 11:27 AM
The Resettle Colonists gives you 5 colonists per assignment. I haven't found any prisoner assignments that give prisoners so I wouldn'tknow what assignments gets you some.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjames3653
How do I get colonists and prisoners? i just notice sometimes I have them sometimes I don't.
You get colonists through the Resettle Colonists mission. You get five at a time, and you can transport 20 at a time.

Prisoners come pretty easy for klingons via Marauding missions. You pick them up on raids, or buy them off of Orions. You also have a maximum of 20 there. How does Starfleet get prisoners? No idea. Heck, Starfleet doesn't even seem to have a good option for obtaining commodities (unless you want to pay via trading missions), which those Marauding raids are also excellent at (my klingon main has commodities coming out his ears, with thousands upon thousands of them clogging his inventory, and I didn't buy any of them).
Lt. Commander
# 7 hehe
03-14-2012, 09:15 PM
I have a ton of colonists and don't know what to do with them once you have them!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburke4 View Post
I have a ton of colonists and don't know what to do with them once you have them!
5 provision and 1 med supply will allow you to do the missions to settle them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
5 provision and 1 med supply will allow you to do the missions to settle them.
Don't waste them on this. Hit up the colonization chains in exploration clusters. The chain drop offs are a much better return than the generic drop off, and unlock repeatable dropoffs that aren't as lucrative as the chain steps themselves, but are still much better than the generic dropoffs. The chains end up calling for around 160 colonists, and with the latest tweaking, steps seem to appear quite often, I've been reliably finding 1-4 steps every time I go hunting, instead of hoping for maybe one like a month ago.

As for prisoners, the new assignments have made them a lot easier to get for Feds, too. I've been lugging two prisoners around for months just to interrogate them over and over and occasionally treat them for minor injuries (presumably related to whatever I'm doing that keeps turning up new contraband on them), but it's exploded to 12 just since the expansion missions were added.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-15-2012, 01:24 AM
You get colonists by doing the "Resettle Colonists" missions and I get sooo many prisoners on my Gorns it is maddening... I have to manually dismiss them from my brig CONSTANTLY.

It IS harder to get prisoners on the Fed side though.