Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 41
02-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Laws of physics... like that's an excuse. :p


I'm sorry, I didn't shell out for an LTS for the Gods I venerate to pull the "I'm too lazy to change the laws of Physics" argument. Geez, Cryptic, you guys really are cheap!










:p

Thanks, Tumerboy. I said it when you popped in to DS9 the other night, but it's worth repeating: I love you work. DS9 looks gorgeous.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 42
02-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starboard_Nacelle View Post
Agreed. I've heard the Galaxy is next on Cryptic's queue, and I seriously think they should re-think that decision. The Galaxy Bridges currently in the game actually resemble the set from the show, and the generic ship interiors use the same hallway configuration as a Galaxy-class starship. Give the Intrepid some love. Its Bridge is godawful.
Reckon I should cut this up a bit, you're right in that it LOOKS like the good old Galaxy, but the size is all wrong and it REALLY doesn't tie the room together man.

Watching TNG and then hoping onto the bridge in game makes me wonder where the hell all this overhead space is from and why it takes me a min to get to the conn when Picard could get up, take three steps and be right behind Data almost.

Now I ain't looked at the Intrepid bridge and if it's as messed up as ya'll say then sure make that that priority but the Galaxy needs her work too.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 43
02-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Kenrick_Drake
Reckon I should cut this up a bit, you're right in that it LOOKS like the good old Galaxy, but the size is all wrong and it REALLY doesn't tie the room together man.

Watching TNG and then hoping onto the bridge in game makes me wonder where the hell all this overhead space is from and why it takes me a min to get to the conn when Picard could get up, take three steps and be right behind Data almost.

Now I ain't looked at the Intrepid bridge and if it's as messed up as ya'll say then sure make that that priority but the Galaxy needs her work too.
Shoot me a friend invitation and I'll show you just how screwed up it is in comparison.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 44
02-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Devon View Post
Maybe so,but it seems company's used to value customer opinion alot more
Perhaps it's because customers became entitled SOBs where they were always right, no matter what facts or logic said.

When every word is parsed for a double meaning or lawsuits are threatened, companies clam up and stick to Byzantine policies.

There is such a thing as being a good customer, and that doesn't just mean parting with your funds,

/rant
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 45
02-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Kenrick_Drake
Reckon I should cut this up a bit, you're right in that it LOOKS like the good old Galaxy, but the size is all wrong and it REALLY doesn't tie the room together man.

Watching TNG and then hoping onto the bridge in game makes me wonder where the hell all this overhead space is from and why it takes me a min to get to the conn when Picard could get up, take three steps and be right behind Data almost.

Now I ain't looked at the Intrepid bridge and if it's as messed up as ya'll say then sure make that that priority but the Galaxy needs her work too.
the intrepid bridge looks like a Klingon ship bridge with better lighting
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 46
02-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant797 View Post
Perhaps it's because customers became entitled SOBs where they were always right, no matter what facts or logic said.

When every word is parsed for a double meaning or lawsuits are threatened, companies clam up and stick to Byzantine policies.

There is such a thing as being a good customer, and that doesn't just mean parting with your funds,

/rant
I SHALL NOT PART WITH MY FUNDS UNTIL EITHER I OR THIS GAME DIES
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 47
02-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Now I didn't call ya'll lairs, it's perhaps a bad sign that I trust you guys when you say the bridge is that messed up, Other then the TOS and Miranda bridges i''ve felt put off by most of the rest I've seen.

But in the end, unless Tumor's bosses decide to give him the go ahead and team to go back and redesign the old bridges en mass like most of us want, were' going to have to wait for whatever queue that set for him and his team.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 48
02-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
T
I think it's sad that you guys seem to believe that we are all just lifeless husks typing away at computers until the bell rings 5 o'clock.

Today is Presidents' day. It's a federal holiday, and we have the day off. I GUARANTEE there are people at work, right now, cranking on something because they want to get some little extra thing in before the deadline. People routinely stay at work for 10 or 12 hours. People are routinely at work until midnight. We DO fight for things, all the time. However, you guys don't see that. Some of the systems in the game may not have existed today if it weren't for some passionate dev backing it, and pushing for it. We do this all of the time. But, as with anything, you have to pick your battles, and no matter how right you are, if all you ever do is scream in someone's face about how wrong something is, they're going to stop listening to you sooner rather than later. Or in the case of an employee. . .
Tumor while this is great and wonderful and even appreciated, I for one, Feel no sympathy, I'm sorry but I won't. I spent 16 years in the military, Did the First Desert Storm where my routine day was 18-20 hours. Holidays, birthdays, Births deaths and everything else meant nothing. I had a job to do. Nothing or no one could stop it.

I currently work in Law enforcement, Routinely work the holidays, go without lunch, work for 16 hours straight, get 5 hours of sleep and work again. While I think the dedication you show by coming and staying late is admirable I'm sorry but I won't give you any sort of props for it, The Folks who deserve that, Never ask for it.

it is great that you do that, I am glad you do and I am certain you make a difference for doing so but if you seek sympathy or admiration for doing it, to me, you are to quote " doing it wrong"

Also if you have to fight so hard for things I for one question the understanding/ knowledge of your management team, if they fight you at every turn, something is wrong.

Either way I am glad you do what you do for us, but in the current frame of things, its not all that big due to how the things outside of you and what you do have effected us. Even the brightest Candle goes out in the windstorm.

For the record, I loved my time in the military, and would never ever trade it for anything, my time behind the badge has been the same, I love what I do, and do it risks and all because I like my job.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 49
02-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
Tumor while this is great and wonderful and even appreciated, I for one, Feel no sympathy, I'm sorry but I won't. I spent 16 years in the military, Did the First Desert Storm where my routine day was 18-20 hours. Holidays, birthdays, Births deaths and everything else meant nothing. I had a job to do. Nothing or no one could stop it.

I currently work in Law enforcement, Routinely work the holidays, go without lunch, work for 16 hours straight, get 5 hours of sleep and work again. While I think the dedication you show by coming and staying late is admirable I'm sorry but I won't give you any sort of props for it, The Folks who deserve that, Never ask for it.
Your service is appreciated, but not even remotely comparable. When it comes to the military and law enforcement people's lives are at stake. That is not the case when you make video games. So while it may in fact be common and even expected for people to go above and beyond the call of duty when they are fighting for people's lives, there is no such expectation in "normal" jobs because the stakes arent the same.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 50
02-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
Also if you have to fight so hard for things I for one question the understanding/ knowledge of your management team, if they fight you at every turn, something is wrong.
I agree completely with this
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:03 AM.