Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 61
02-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Some do, some dont. There is no "we" about it because not everyone acts the same. And that is why I asked him not to make that kind of generalization.
To say that some do and some don't is being pedantic, which does not nullify my point. Those who don't attack won't be offended by these comments. It only hits a nerve with those who are guilty of it. And like I said, perception is reality. In every over-dramatization, there is a shard of truth.

JohNyNorMuS, if they are paid hourly, then Cryptic is required to pay time.5 or timeX2 for any work over 40 hours. That's required by federal law, and costly.

Heathen666, i agree with your point. We beat these people up because we feel as that we deserve something for our $15, AND I AGREE THAT WE DO. But i think that we have an ethical obligation to treat these people as human beings and not as faceless drones who don't think for themselves. Do you think Dan reads these forums occasionally? How do you think the other devs feel after working all day, just to come to these forums and see 95% trash talk.

I'm a developer. 5 years with C#. I know how non-devs see this situation. If they don't see THEIR problem fixed immediately, they assume we sit on our hands all day doing nothing. THAT is a generalization! Other devs will agree with me. Some changes can require base class changes, which break 30 other things. It's not as easy at it looks. This doesn't give Cryptic a free pass, but it does show that things aren't as easy as they look.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 62
02-20-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBarrier86 View Post
In every over-dramatization, there is a shard of truth.
There is a shard of truth in many lies as well, but that doesnt justify lying. So I'm not really sure what point your trying to make, unless your saying as long as any statement has "a shard of truth" it shouldnt be questioned.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 63
02-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
There is a shard of truth in many lies as well, but that doesnt justify lying. So I'm not really sure what point your trying to make, unless your saying as long as any statement has "a shard of truth" it shouldnt be questioned.
He's not lying. To claim that his comment is a lie is an extreme over-dramatization. The "outrage" seems like showmanship. "Flim-flam" if you will, to quote Picard. I agree it is not 100% applicable, but to jump to point fingers seems like "ye protesteth too much."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 64
02-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBarrier86 View Post
He's not lying.
I didnt say he was. I was responding to your "shard of truth" argument and why a "shard of truth" doesnt mean a statement as a whole is remotely accurate.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 65
02-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I didnt say he was. I was responding to your "shard of truth" comment with the fact that many lies have a "shard of truth" in them, yet simply having that "shard of truth" doesnt negate the lie. So a "shard of truth" doesnt mean the statement as a whole is remotely accurate.
Ah indeed. Then i agree with your assertion. But i disagree with taking offense to his original comment. Honestly, why should it bother those to whom it doesn't apply?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 66
02-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBarrier86 View Post
Ah indeed. Then i agree with your assertion. But i disagree with taking offense to his original comment. Honestly, why should it bother those to whom it doesn't apply?
I never said I was offended, I simply requested that he not generalize people the way he was doing. A simple request is not a common manifestation of "offense" by most people, so I'm not sure what logic you are using in assuming I am "offended".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 67
02-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I never said I was offended, I simply requested that he not generalize people the way he was doing. A simple request is not a common manifestation of "offense" by most people, so I'm not sure what logic you are using in assuming I am "offended".
By concerning yourself with how he phrased his statement.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 68
02-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBarrier86 View Post
By concerning yourself with how he phrased his statement.
Believe it or not, many people who post on the internet question the way other people say things even though they are not "offended" by them. By your very own logic, that would mean you are "offended" by my last few posts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 69
02-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Believe it or not, many who post on the internet question the way other people say things even though they are not "offended" by them. By your very own logic, that would mean you are "offended" by my last few posts.
that's a...um...fair...point.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 70
02-20-2012, 02:44 PM
One thing I learned while lurking these forums wasn't to cross swords with Nagus, he tends to use the steamroller that is called stoic logic to end his problems.

Well it seems stoic to me...I could be wrong.

Nagus change your avatar to a Vulcan please
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:11 PM.