Lt. Commander
# 1 Shooter Mode
02-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Can anyone give some tips on making Shooter mode worthwhile? I almost never use it, because trying to activate items on my second hotbar requires some finger contortions and letting go of my movement keys.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2012, 12:25 PM
I don't know if it's the same with RPG mode, but I know hitting X while in shooting modes lets you aim for +33% more damage or accuracy, I'm not sure which.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2012, 04:37 PM
The main benefit is always being able to "fire" a weapon w/o targeting something. So if I know/suspect something is cloaked in a area, I can blanks that areas with gun fire or a grenade to hit it. You can also do things like toss a grenade over an obstacle to hit targets on teh otherside (i.e. aim up and over to toss teh greanade over). And you can strafe a much wider area with a mini-gun especially if the first group of targets are fragile.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2012, 06:08 PM
No finger contortions should be needed. In Shooter mode, you can use the R and T keys to temporarily utilize your other hotkeys. More info on how to use shooter mode can be found here:

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2512

See the Power Offset notes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzun View Post
The main benefit is always being able to "fire" a weapon w/o targeting something. So if I know/suspect something is cloaked in a area, I can blanks that areas with gun fire or a grenade to hit it. You can also do things like toss a grenade over an obstacle to hit targets on teh otherside (i.e. aim up and over to toss teh greanade over). And you can strafe a much wider area with a mini-gun especially if the first group of targets are fragile.
I hadnt thought of using shooter mode like that. thanks! ima go try it out now
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2012, 06:25 PM
I can't stand Offset. If I miss the bar I want, I have to back up, which costs time.