Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 91
05-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Well. It's my turn. I've played 3 STF elite per day (more than 300 STF. btw I got the accolade).

- I got more than 327 EDC's (I stopped to count them).
- about 3 shield techs (useless for MK XII)
- about 7 engine techs (useless for MK XII)
- 1 deflector techs
- 1 armor

- about 7 rare shield techs
- 1 rare engine tech
- 1 rare deflector tech
- 29 rare prototype borg salvage

- 8 very rare prototype borg salvage
- and ZERO of other kinds.

Don't you think there is problem?
Lt. Commander
# 92
05-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
Well. It's my turn. I've played 3 STF elite per day (more than 300 STF. btw I got the accolade).

- I got more than 327 EDC's (I stopped to count them).
- about 3 shield techs (useless for MK XII)
- about 7 engine techs (useless for MK XII)
- 1 deflector techs
- 1 armor

- about 7 rare shield techs
- 1 rare engine tech
- 1 rare deflector tech
- 29 rare prototype borg salvage

- 8 very rare prototype borg salvage
- and ZERO of other kinds.

Don't you think there is problem?
Well lucky you

Ive played over 500 and got one Proto shield tech.

So yeah.. problem.

( but honestly i dont care lol )
Lt. Commander
# 93
05-17-2012, 12:49 PM
yeah I am over 500 and not a single PSG. Everything else I have gotten at least 2 of because I know the only MK 12 sets I don't have are the ground MACO and OMEGA because I can't seem to get any PSG 12.
Lt. Commander
# 94
05-17-2012, 12:55 PM
been trying for mk xii maco engines for over 2 months but still nothing to get them with lol
Lt. Commander
# 95
05-17-2012, 08:49 PM
i,ve been trying for the past few days to get the rare psg drop form ige and half the time my team don,t even make the optional goal. all i get is junk at the end. but i,m building up my edc and if i have to i,ll just buy my mk11 omega force shield that way. but this drop rate for the good stuff is far far too low right now.
Lt. Commander
# 96
05-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
i,ve been trying for the past few days to get the rare psg drop form ige and half the time my team don,t even make the optional goal. all i get is junk at the end. but i,m building up my edc and if i have to i,ll just buy my mk11 omega force shield that way. but this drop rate for the good stuff is far far too low right now.
i have great news for you! The optional loot table doesn't even include rare, or prototype tech drops. Those drops are exclusively for your own lootbox.

And yeah, agree. far too low, they should add the option to turn in 5 prototype salvage drops for a prototype tech token. Or the FULL MACO/OMEGA/KHG Skin for MK XI set. The skin you get for the optionals is way better anyway, and reserved for elite players. Those optionals on elite are not difficult, but still require a functioning and good team.
Lt. Commander
# 97
05-18-2012, 01:10 PM
Been doing STFs for 3 months or so, prob done atleast 300, no more than 10 missions a night. I have both omega/maco Mk12 full sets, 3 maco mk11, 3 omega mk11 sets. Traded countless rare prototypes and rare salvage for dilithum. I've gotten about 20 VR salvage. The majority have been pugs. If it was any easier.........they wouldnt be rare. Also the full sets suck together, I primarly run Omega shield/motors, Borg deflector/console on my MVAE. My advice, play and have fun. You will get what you want eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 98
05-18-2012, 02:44 PM
I deployed a new engineer in a science ship into battle against the Borg and this is what I got last night in about 6 normal STFs (2 each on each space map) -

1 rare salvage
3 common borg tech (engine, shield and deflector one after the other!)
1 rare borg tech

Post-patch I definitely notice more common tech dropping.
Lt. Commander
# 99
05-18-2012, 04:42 PM
I've been playing Cure and Infected Ground (Elite) for three or four months now and have yet to get the PSG or weapon 12. Just prototype tech that's no longer useful to me, the ******n lock boxes and random bits I don't need.
Lt. Commander
# 100
05-18-2012, 05:04 PM
I know I'll probably take some heat for this, but I really don't mind the drop rate, in that it creates rarity. If I saw everyone running around with a helmet, then I wouldn't be motivated to get one for myself.

I've been running STFs since the change in December, and I still don't have my ground gear, and I'm okay with that. When I finally do get it, I want it to be something special, and something that I've had to work for, not something that I got by doing 'x' amount of runs and turned in 'x' amount of EDCs.

Perhaps there could be a better way of implementing the drops so that they're equally as rare - say, increase the difficulty of elite STFs considerably, but guarantee a drop for at least one team member, I'm not sure...

What I do know, is that I'm personally opposed to the mark 12 ground gear being as common place as the mark 11.

Anyone have ideas on how to maintain the rarity of the item but improve the current system?
Closed Thread