Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 101
05-19-2012, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrilon View Post
I know I'll probably take some heat for this, but I really don't mind the drop rate, in that it creates rarity. If I saw everyone running around with a helmet, then I wouldn't be motivated to get one for myself.

I've been running STFs since the change in December, and I still don't have my ground gear, and I'm okay with that. When I finally do get it, I want it to be something special, and something that I've had to work for, not something that I got by doing 'x' amount of runs and turned in 'x' amount of EDCs.

Perhaps there could be a better way of implementing the drops so that they're equally as rare - say, increase the difficulty of elite STFs considerably, but guarantee a drop for at least one team member, I'm not sure...

What I do know, is that I'm personally opposed to the mark 12 ground gear being as common place as the mark 11.

Anyone have ideas on how to maintain the rarity of the item but improve the current system?
I feel the current Mark XII stuff should be swapped to EDC's, and a new set come out that's the 'rare' one.

Partly because right now me and a few friends are looking at it, going "We can basically ace these elite ground STFs... but we can't get lucky enough to get that final prototype tech. This is frustrating."

I get the "It shouldn't be super easy." But at the same time, it should be a goal that you can place beyond "Keep doing this STF over and over and over and over and HOPE your tech drops." Like GW1 did not super long ago. They turned one title from "Impossible to get unless you actually kinda exploit the game system." to "Possible, but it still requires dedication and time+effort to get."
Lt. Commander
# 102
05-19-2012, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofallon
So I concurr there is a problem. I have hard data like the quoted poster, and more to add.

When I Killed Armek I got MK XI Tech drop. Not only did I defeat Armek, I solo'd him as 3 defeated party members watched and the fourth ran for his life. I had a great day knowing that my dps was the highest, slaying Armek and getting the drop. Note My dps was highest because i was unstoppable and never defeated. Everyone on my team was defeated so often, we lost the optional. Conclusion: I rocked and therefore got a great reward.
I have sucessfully whipped Aramek over 76 times most on elite and 3 times off-tanking him. Only rewarded once.

In space On my Engineer I never got the drop on MK XI Tech untill I hopped in my Defiant and unloaded a whole lot of whoop-***. Going from Tanking role to dps roll got me my tech. All my MK XII I should add, never in my Excelsior.

Same for my Science. I woop-***, I get a drop on ground. In space it waas only when I went from support role in my Intrepid to whoop-*** dps in my Defiant did the Tech drop start flowing.

There is a REAL problem with the loot drop, That is the REAL TRUTH.
So full of WIN
Lt. Commander
# 103
05-19-2012, 07:02 AM
You know, I've never, ever had a weapon tech drop from Armek for me. Every single mark XI gun I've gotten was bought with EDCs.
Lt. Commander
# 104
05-25-2012, 03:23 PM
would this be considered a bump or necro?
Lt. Commander
# 105
05-25-2012, 03:30 PM
I'd say bump.
Lt. Commander
# 106
05-25-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMicky21
Okay Cryptic! ENOUGH! you need to sort this and you need to sort this now! There is a stupid amount of posts complaining about how we endure hours and hours of doing these STF with no worthy reward at the end, at least with the old ones, you spend hours doing them but you were guaranteed something at the end worth bragging about. But now? your lucky to get salavge!

Yeah I know you get EDC, Woop te do! that im sorry is nothing now, its doesnt get you MK12 gear which most people strive for and you know this! what the hell are you playing at! its so simple! people complain, you fix it! simple! I have done over 750 STFs over half on ground elite and NONE, I repeat, NONE of them have dropped ONE piece of prototype ground tech and only 5 pieces of prototype salvage. This is not acceptable and im not the only one! Im sick and tired of being constantly disappointed with these STFs and getting nothing at the end.

You need to seriously increase the drop rate on prototype borg salvage and protoype space and ground tech. I have worked out the drop rate must be no more than 0.5% which is a utter joke! everywhere I go people are complaining about the drop rate and never see any PROPER fixes from you and that any real difference, OH yes! sorry, I do see stuff! more things to line your pockets with money, i mean the lock boxes drop almost every sinlge drop you get now! and you know what? people pass on them! they are sick of them! stop trying to cokes us into spending money and acutally focus your attention on what the community really wants.

And if you do increase it you need to tell us what the drop rate is, keeping cloak and dagger only winds people up and stop playing them.

Granted I do see pataches saying "increased drop rate" and "reduced difficulty" but my own personal opinion this is a total lie, all I think all you've done is just change the number shown so IT LOOKS LIKE you have lowered it, I see no change in difficulty, so wise up! we arent stupid! we plays hundreds of these remember and its time to give the community what it wants!

INCREASE THE DROP RATE! and not by 0.001%, thats not a increase thats a insult! you need to increase it by least 20% so everyone has at least a 20% chance of getting something.

Please read this and take this seriously! We are not happy! not happy at all.
Agree with this even though its many months old.
Funny nothing has changed. I got two of the three parts of the space set XII very quickly and since then I have had nothing for months.
Got a full XI set but I dont particularily want that if I could have an XI set instead!

Really frustrating
Lt. Commander
# 107
05-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrilon View Post
I know I'll probably take some heat for this, but I really don't mind the drop rate, in that it creates rarity. If I saw everyone running around with a helmet, then I wouldn't be motivated to get one for myself.

I've been running STFs since the change in December, and I still don't have my ground gear, and I'm okay with that. When I finally do get it, I want it to be something special, and something that I've had to work for, not something that I got by doing 'x' amount of runs and turned in 'x' amount of EDCs.

Perhaps there could be a better way of implementing the drops so that they're equally as rare - say, increase the difficulty of elite STFs considerably, but guarantee a drop for at least one team member, I'm not sure...

What I do know, is that I'm personally opposed to the mark 12 ground gear being as common place as the mark 11.

Anyone have ideas on how to maintain the rarity of the item but improve the current system?
I agree... the rarity of the drops, in my opinion, increase the value. Like others have posted here... the MK XI set was pretty easy to finish (i believe I had my mk xi maco before reaching 50). I've received enough EDC, and Rare Tech Drops to outfit each BOFFs (well my away team boffs) with Maco or Omega sets.

I worked hard to get the MK XII full Maco ground set.

I dont want it to be easy, and it shouldnt be easy... This has always been my complaint about this game... you can basically buy (or are required to buy) the top tier ships... I for one am glad there is something in the game you have to work for...

Dont make them even more available...
Lt. Commander
# 108
05-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971
I agree... the rarity of the drops, in my opinion, increase the value. Like others have posted here... the MK XI set was pretty easy to finish (i believe I had my mk xi maco before reaching 50). I've received enough EDC, and Rare Tech Drops to outfit each BOFFs (well my away team boffs) with Maco or Omega sets.

I worked hard to get the MK XII full Maco ground set.

I dont want it to be easy, and it shouldnt be easy... This has always been my complaint about this game... you can basically buy (or are required to buy) the top tier ships... I for one am glad there is something in the game you have to work for...

Dont make them even more available...
Sigh. There's a difference between making them super easy to get, and making it so they aren't **** random to get.

Okay, you are saying it's fine somebody can have done 100+ infected runs, but NEVER see a prototype PSG tech for them while a 2-3 day old Ferasian char can be wearing full Mark XII honor guard?

It's like GW1. They turned the legendary defender of ascalon title from "Near damn impossible to get unless you used a specific exploit." to "possible, but it takes time and dedication."

XII NEEDS that. I should look at XII and go "That person at least knows what they are doing." not "That person's lucky."

I know somebody who has basically quit the game for a while(hopefully short) because she worked her freaking *** off trying to get that final proto tech for her ground XII MACO, and NEVER, EVER saw it. But she saw guys with full XII, and full XII + alt look get them.

I can fully agree with "XII shouldn't be super easy to get" but I disagree with "It's fine as is now." Make the alt method bar tech something that takes time to get. Something that's not really easy, or simply requires dedication. But currently, XII is not a sign of skill, or rarity. It's a sign of pure luck.

Seriously, adding an alt method to gain them, one which doesn't require tech drops, won't be making them more available. It'll just remove the blind random luck from gaining them. You complain about them not being rare anymore if they do this, I complain at the fact people who work for the sets get nothing, while I've seen what... 3 at least, 5+ at most Ferasians, characters only a few days old, wearing full XII honor guard.

So yes, forgive me for calling utter ******** on the "It's fine as is, it's good people have to work for it."
Lt. Commander
# 109
05-26-2012, 02:21 AM
The only reason I do STF's now is to get the XII gear, just to say I've got it. If I cant complete the space set after months of trying what motivation have I got to start on the ground set?
Lt. Commander
# 110
05-26-2012, 04:17 PM
I was mercifully permitted after my fortieth run to receive my first tech drop on my tac. I won't be pursuing the rest of it. This system is fundamentally flawed and is now driving people away from the game. There is a difference between 'difficult' and 'obviously broken or engineered so poorly at may as well broken'. This should have been fixed months ago, it's not a difficult fix. There is no excuse.
Closed Thread