Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 111
05-26-2012, 05:52 PM
The game in general is jacked up, the loot tables being item 4 of a very long list of things.

I'm sure the lockbox drops are also jacking things up as they are padding the common loot tables as well.

-AE
Lt. Commander
# 112
05-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentExeider View Post
The game in general is jacked up, the loot tables being item 4 of a very long list of things.

I'm sure the lockbox drops are also jacking things up as they are padding the common loot tables as well.
You speak as though you've seen these tables with your own eyes?
Lt. Commander
# 113
05-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentExeider View Post

-AE
hate to burst your bubble but the lock boxes have nothing to do with the tech drops the boxes are on a seperate table alone. There was a post about a month or so back that explain exactly how the loot table worked in the STF's the boxes are seperate to this but included every time the boxes are available in game.
Lt. Commander
# 114
05-26-2012, 09:38 PM
just came from ka ground elite with my engineer toon and all i ever get on my 2 toons is junk. my tac keeps getting the rare armor tech but never the purple prototype armor tech. mean while my poor engineer has maybe only gotten one tech drop the entire time i take her into a stf. so its kinda sad to have 2 toons and neither one have any mk12 maco or omega ground gear.
Lt. Commander
# 115
05-27-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
hate to burst your bubble but the lock boxes have nothing to do with the tech drops the boxes are on a seperate table alone. There was a post about a month or so back that explain exactly how the loot table worked in the STF's the boxes are seperate to this but included every time the boxes are available in game.
While I suspect it is true that lockboxes really don't interfere with other loot drops (and if only because even heavy torpedoes can drop lockboxes and nothing else ever does) - the devs also gave us the bugged Jem'Hardar Set or the MACO Shields with 90 % resists, or a gross miscalulation on the amount of extra damage Sensor Analysis provides. Without any evidence or data to back the OP up, I suspect the Devs are correct. But who knows, maybe the poster wrote what he wrote because had seen counter-evidence to the Devs statement.

For example, maybe they really put in lockboxes as special drop type parallel to everything else. But maybe they accidentally also put lockboxes in the list of other gear. I doubt it, because a symptom of this would be that a single drop could lead to two drop boxes, and I don't think that has ever happened to anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 116
05-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Today I ran 21 STF with my reroll Klingon. We failed optionnals for 10 or 12. I got edc and rubbish (many gears mkIX green). Now I believe Cryptic Studios is laughing on players. They didn't increase anything. They are just liars.
Lt. Commander
# 117
05-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
Today I ran 21 STF with my reroll Klingon. We failed optionnals for 10 or 12. I got edc and rubbish (many gears mkIX green). Now I believe Cryptic Studios is laughing on players. They didn't increase anything. They are just liars.
Out of... 25+ cure runs? 2 rare weapon techs. And that was at the latter end of the amount.

As I said earlier, I want XII to be something to work toward, and by that I mean an actual goal, not a "We might get this."

They may have increased the drop rate, but it's still a very random thing. FeistyFawn, I'll go ahead and assume you've done enough elite STFs, over your entire STO playtime, that you can pretty much ace them (for you personal part) on any char hitting 50?

And yet, you can't get the XII gear while that 3 day old character can.
Lt. Commander
# 118
05-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Eh my biggest Gripe with how they set it up and play it off as "Prestige" as in something to brag about. I could see this being true if it demonstrated that you have superior playing skills. In reality though the luck of the draw of hitting that 99.9998% chance isn't Prestige or anything to brag about. Once in a blue moon I come across a person doing STF with them that exhibits any great gaming skill within the confines of the game.

As I have stated numerous times before too being able to que in Elite should not be something open to anyone who has hit level 50. There should be some type of pre-req and not just being carrier through 60-120 normal mode stfs to get a x or xi set. Some of the basics that should be in a pre-req like this is first and foremost keeping yourself alive, using your brain and not charging and agroing a whole room take an incoming wrath of damage that you couldn't possibly handle on your own, and some skill as in if it takes you 10 minutes to kill a shielded worker drone... You don't need to waste someones time in an Elite or if you and your 3 buddies are chasing down a probe in KA space and cannot kill it starting from the gate to when it enters the portal... You also do not belong in Elite.

My conclusion is the term Elite with this game is misused because one must be Elite to call themselves Elite.
Lt. Commander
# 119
05-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Eh my biggest Gripe with how they set it up and play it off as "Prestige" as in something to brag about. I could see this being true if it demonstrated that you have superior playing skills. In reality though the luck of the draw of hitting that 99.9998% chance isn't Prestige or anything to brag about. Once in a blue moon I come across a person doing STF with them that exhibits any great gaming skill within the confines of the game.

As I have stated numerous times before too being able to que in Elite should not be something open to anyone who has hit level 50. There should be some type of pre-req and not just being carrier through 60-120 normal mode stfs to get a x or xi set. Some of the basics that should be in a pre-req like this is first and foremost keeping yourself alive, using your brain and not charging and agroing a whole room take an incoming wrath of damage that you couldn't possibly handle on your own, and some skill as in if it takes you 10 minutes to kill a shielded worker drone... You don't need to waste someones time in an Elite or if you and your 3 buddies are chasing down a probe in KA space and cannot kill it starting from the gate to when it enters the portal... You also do not belong in Elite.

My conclusion is the term Elite with this game is misused because one must be Elite to call themselves Elite.
so very true!
the only real piece of elite equips are the ones you get for doing all the bonus objectives...but not even those considering somebody doing 100+ ground elites should be able to have the bonus accolade anyway.
And if your group knows what to do, they are easy to get too.
At the end it only shows you had enough stamina and time to grind mk XII gear.
For myself i can only say...i have done all the bonus objectives, but i'm still running around with MK XI visuals. Thats fine with me, i don't enjoy ground combat anyway. I lost all hope of getting them month ago.
Lt. Commander
# 120
05-27-2012, 03:45 PM
The drop rates have gotten worse over time is the problem for me
As I mentioned earlier I got 2 of the space set pieces quite quickly, took some time off and then persued the third and now it seems near impossible to get...
Closed Thread