Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 121
05-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Eh my biggest Gripe with how they set it up and play it off as "Prestige" as in something to brag about. I could see this being true if it demonstrated that you have superior playing skills. In reality though the luck of the draw of hitting that 99.9998% chance isn't Prestige or anything to brag about. Once in a blue moon I come across a person doing STF with them that exhibits any great gaming skill within the confines of the game.

As I have stated numerous times before too being able to que in Elite should not be something open to anyone who has hit level 50. There should be some type of pre-req and not just being carrier through 60-120 normal mode stfs to get a x or xi set. Some of the basics that should be in a pre-req like this is first and foremost keeping yourself alive, using your brain and not charging and agroing a whole room take an incoming wrath of damage that you couldn't possibly handle on your own, and some skill as in if it takes you 10 minutes to kill a shielded worker drone... You don't need to waste someones time in an Elite or if you and your 3 buddies are chasing down a probe in KA space and cannot kill it starting from the gate to when it enters the portal... You also do not belong in Elite.

My conclusion is the term Elite with this game is misused because one must be Elite to call themselves Elite.
Thats the thing, how would you place something in the game that goes "Oh, you aren't stupid. elite unlocked."?

And, as I've said. I've done plenty of normals on my first VA. dived straight into elites without touching normals on my second lvl 50. Doing just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 122
05-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Done 103 Ground Elite STFs and not even 1 MK XII TECH-Drop yet.My Fleetbuddy and 2 Randoms got a full MK XII Set after 10 runs.
its a shame!
Lt. Commander
# 123
05-29-2012, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLKzzz
Done 103 Ground Elite STFs and not even 1 MK XII TECH-Drop yet.My Fleetbuddy and 2 Randoms got a full MK XII Set after 10 runs.
its a shame!
That's why I say again and again this such loot rule is really unfair.
Another example. Yesterday I ran 3 ISE with optionnals. I didn't get loot from optionnals (3 loot for 5 people) and I got 2 edc per STF.
I don't understand why Devs made so inequitable rule for loot. BTW why the same loot is dropped again and again. I really don't care about Common Borg Shield Tech. I got 4 Common Borg Shield Tech. It's crap! My aegis set is better!
Lt. Commander
# 124
05-29-2012, 07:44 AM
well after god knows how many runs of infected ground elite i finally scored my first prototype tech for the mk12 ground sets it was the psg from infected but now i have to run ka ground elite and the cure ground elite and god knows how long that is gonna take.
Lt. Commander
# 125
05-29-2012, 07:45 AM
Can't help but wonder if the decline of MkXII drops has something to do with the forthcoming season six and the possibility that MkXII items will be purchasable or superceeded by MkXIII gear?

I mean, starving players of MkXII gear would result in it being snapped up if it suddenly appeared in the dilithium store, wouldn't it*?

* I realise that a good number of forum users would say that they wouldn't, but the general playerbase who DON'T visit the forums - the sort of people who buy lockbox keys frequently - almost definitely would.
Lt. Commander
# 126
05-29-2012, 07:57 AM
I certainly hope it wouldn't end up in the dilithium sotre. Gozer's already said that it would end up being sold for EDC lke the current set after being replaced by the new elusive set. Personally i hope they do come out with a new set with season 6. There has been some great talk and ideas of a more assimilated set by forum posters, and i would love the devs to look into that.
Lt. Commander
# 127
05-29-2012, 08:39 AM
I should just copy and paste:

I only need the Proto PSG. I have duplicates of all other items (at least) and ZERO proto PSG. You can not tell me the odds are even on all the STF. I usually get in an average of 2-4 IGE a day and have for months now and have not had a single drop. It's gotten so bad I am on autopilot when playing it because I have done it so much.: and not have to think it out.
Lt. Commander
# 128
05-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith_Shadow
I certainly hope it wouldn't end up in the dilithium sotre. Gozer's already said that it would end up being sold for EDC lke the current set after being replaced by the new elusive set. Personally i hope they do come out with a new set with season 6. There has been some great talk and ideas of a more assimilated set by forum posters, and i would love the devs to look into that.
Well, the Dilithium store was just an example, and there are other ways that they could make the MkXII gear a little more readily available.

As I said though, I get the impression that thecurrent absense of frequent MkXII gear could mean that something new is coming along, and starving us of said gear will make us want whatever new stuff comes along even more.
Lt. Commander
# 129
05-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
Well, the Dilithium store was just an example, and there are other ways that they could make the MkXII gear a little more readily available.

As I said though, I get the impression that thecurrent absense of frequent MkXII gear could mean that something new is coming along, and starving us of said gear will make us want whatever new stuff comes along even more.
This has already been confirmed by Gozer on the STOKED interview, Mk XII will be purchaseable, no idea of cost was given but I am hoping that all and any STF loot, EDCs, rare tech, proto salvage etc will be part exchangeable.
Lt. Commander
# 130
05-29-2012, 08:56 AM
I finished my mark XI MACO set with the Armor Tech dropping twice, I haven't even seen a PSG or weapon tech once and I am getting close to being able to get my Omega Mk XI Set. I love ground STFing and if I get the proto tech I'll get it, I will not be hunting for it.

I grinded like a mo fo on one toon to get my proto tech and I won't be doing that again. After I get my Omega XI gear complete I'm taking a break from STFing and go Accolade hunting. I'll still do them from time to time, but just not as much.

This past weekend STF population was really down. I know it was a holiday weekend, but the numbers were way down. So I am unsure if it because of the hoilday or STFs are starting to get boring for everyone. I'm probably not the only one that is or plans on taking a break from the STFs. I haven't seen a lot of the EliteSTFers I am used to see all the time.

After saying all this I highly doubt they will change the drop rate and from what I can tell they never did in the first place and even after saying they had. They want and need us to grind, the longer we grind the longer we are in STO and the more likely to buy something off the CStore.
Closed Thread