Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 141
06-02-2012, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realuniqueone
STF's are a joke in general. I don't know why anyone bothers. Guess some people are suckers for punishment, tedium, and boredom.

The gear is not worth the time people... wake up and smell the coffee!
People still do STFs? *Peter Griffin* heh heh heh heh!
Lt. Commander
# 142
06-03-2012, 12:28 PM
My question is has anyone seen any tech drops in the optional loot? If so I have yet to see any after playing through over 130 normal and elite STF! All my tech drops (MK X engine, shield, deflector /MX XI engine, deflector, and shield x 4 and notice no prototypes) has always been in my personal loot container. And how does the bloody roll system work? I nearly always loose out on team drops!
Lt. Commander
# 143
06-03-2012, 02:14 PM
only time i stf anymore is if my fleetmates need a 5th, i have enough tech for 7 complete xii space sets, and 0 for ground. ive done prolly 800 -1000 space stf's and prolly 300-400 ground. i still have yet to see a ground xii drop. i didnt complete my first space set until around 500 completions and after my set was complete it seems its raining space xii tech. its almost as if ive broken the seal......
Lt. Commander
I have klingon toon. I got Omega set MkXI. Because... I ran 120 normal space stf. For 120 stf I got 15 rare borg salvage and 120 edc. Nothing else! Some week end I ran more than 17 normal space stf, one by one hoping getting good loot. But no way. After this I'm still running stf. Now I have 80 edc. I think I should play 30 space elite stf to get ground omega set MkXI. That's a really bad joke!!
Devs from cryptic studio. Don't you think it's time to increase the drops loot. To be honest I have less heart to play sto. It's not enjoyable anymore. playing sto is now hard working! You play and you get nothing.
Video game are based on this simple and easy rule. You work and you get. The reward must be equal to the effort provided by the player. In STO. It's not. You run more than 120 stf and you get nothing for your level.
Lt. Commander
# 145
06-04-2012, 04:52 AM
The one thing I don't understand is why would a player get rare tech in elite STF? Don't tell me that it is a random drop because a player is playing elite STF for some reason. If someone wants random rare tech then they can play normal STF.
Lt. Commander
# 146
06-04-2012, 05:49 AM
This might upset few but i'm probably equally frustrated at the drop rate. I got my first two MK XII Armor and Weapon even before i got my MK XI sets, funny enough i got these when i hardly knew how to play Elite stfs, just following other players around doing what they were doing, but now i have played almost 200 STFs and i'm still waiting for that PSG drop from Infected Ground. i keep getting MK XI Drops which i don't require anymore, and as for space i have gotten the MK XII Shields TWICE and the rest i don't know when i'll get them.

why can't we have more STF maps???
Lt. Commander
# 147
06-04-2012, 06:40 AM
This thread is hilarious.It has " Official Complaint" but it is not made by someone working for Cryptic thus is not official.

Now on topic:
The drop rate sucks because the number of sets suck.Two sets are not enough.If the game would have 20 sets and 60 STFs they would be able to make them easy to get and no one would " Officially Complain" about the drop rate.

What happens with the drop rate is just people ranting on the developer's forum "I want that set faster" .
-What you do after?
-After I get the set I will......I don't know .....

Drop rates are good enough for how many stfs are.Maybe the system (drop) is not fair but that's a different story.

What it needs to change are the rewards.I don't have both Elite STF sets but I have few hundred EDC.There must be a better use for them than dilithium or doffs.That store (like the game ) should have few more things in it.
Lt. Commander
# 148
06-04-2012, 09:11 AM
I wonder you are absolutely right.
Cryptic devs do not care about us. In fact we all can complain. They don't care. What we are? Les than 10 players who are complaining. How much are happy not to get good loot. Much!! I guess Cryptic devs are laughing at us because we are complaining but we are still playing the game.
Lt. Commander
# 149
06-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Quote:
They don't care. What we are? Les than 10 players who are complaining. How much are happy not to get good loot. Much!! I guess Cryptic devs are laughing at us because we are complaining but we are still playing the game.
probably! or they are just busy playing SWTOR, WOW, DIABLO 3 or some other "better" games.

Quote:
What happens with the drop rate is just people ranting on the developer's forum "I want that set faster" .
-What you do after?
-After I get the set I will......I don't know .....
It's not about how long it takes to get a set, it's about that even if you play alot, you got a chance of not having a MK XII part of a set.
It's not important to play the game, thats for sure, but you are robbed the feeling of accomplishment at the end.

any other serious game has developed new content by the time most people got their set...estimated 3-4 month that is.
And if you care to read some more posts, you could get a feeling why people complain about this random factor for the MK XII sets.
On this 15 pages, you will find some very good arguments and ideas to bring back the fun into grinding those sets.
The complain brought up, official or not, is very valid...since there are multiple posts about it since they got released.
Lt. Commander
# 150
06-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Looking at my accolades and I've now completed 118 normal and elite space STFs, of that about half 40% were elites and mostly ISE and KASE. I just ran all three; ISE (optional completed) gave me in my personal loot container 2 rare borg salvage and a rare shield tech, KASE (optional failed) game me my first prototype deflector tech, and CSE (optional failed) gave me 2 rare borg salvage.

What I noticed was that in ISE, I didn't die and was dishing out the dps. KASE, I died once but my team died a lot more and I was dishing out a heaping amount of dps. CSE, I pulled guard duty so I didn't dish out the dps but I didn't die. Don't know if this was a coincidence or a pattern but my loot was far more rewarding than normal and I'm leaning more toward how well you do among your team which determines the greater your reward.
Closed Thread