Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 41
02-27-2012, 06:57 PM
There ARE quite a few additional EDC drops from commander and captain mobs, butt the problem is ... they're invisible! You have to actually walk over the spot of the fallen enemy and sumtimes "Take Item" shows up, and then you have found a single additional EDC drop (20% chance to get it, as there are 4 others needing it as well).

Usually, in a single Elite run, I get 3 EDC (one of five additional drops average for me) and one rare or prototype salvage, sometimes 2 rare salvage or at least a purple MK XI or a blue MK XII item.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-27-2012, 10:28 PM
It's the prototype tech that has a terrible drop rate. I get rare tech a lot from elite and have 5 prototype salvage so far, but no prototype tech yet.

I haven't done a ton of STFs like some others, but geez some have done hundreds of runs and barely seen any tech drops? That's insane and unacceptable.

There should at least be a way to buy elite requisitions like we can veteran requisitions. I wouldn't be opposed to 80 EDC per elite. That's still a lot of runs, between 30 and 40, but at least we know we can eventually achieve our goals vs be at the mercy of the RNG gods.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-27-2012, 11:14 PM
It's not that the drop rate is horrible. It's how they are dropped. Every player gets their own pile of loot and most of the time you never know what they got. My friend got super lucky and pulled proto shield and deflector on his first two elites as well as a proto salvage. I've run roughly 60 elites and have 16 proto salvages and 2 proto shield techs.

The best fix to this problem is to allow you to purchase the proto techs with datachips or possibly exchange proto salvages for them. 10 salvages - 1 tech sounds decent to me or continue with the same formula to exchange the datachips, 80 - 1 proto tech.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Cryptic may soon™ be forming an exploratory commission to begin to think about having an internal conversation if they should proceed with discussing the possibility of taking a look at the drop rates....... some day, down the road, maybe. But only when the planets are aligned in a lunar eclipse on a leap year. Just don't tell Gozer because he's already raised the rates - twice.

Anyone remember Stormshade's post about adding grind? I'll link it for the lulz.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...0&postcount=21

Yeah this game is totally far from grindy! Honestly if the gear progression were any slower, we'd be going backwards.

Unfortunately Cryptic can't adjust the rates now because that would be totally unfair to the 5 people that already earned their mk12 gear.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-28-2012, 12:58 AM
100 EDC = 1 MK XII Prototype Tech
2 Proto Shield, Armor, or Weapon = 1 MK XII Prototype Tech of choice
25 Prototype Salvage = 1 MK XII Prototype Tech
50 Rare Salvage = 1 MK XII Prototype Tech

Still need to grind like the want us to.... -.-

But does offer a light at the end of the tunnel...
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-28-2012, 01:27 AM
How about that proto tech do not be bound so that people can trade them.
I bet that will help alot.
and make MK XII tech aviable via rare and proto salvage because they are useless
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-28-2012, 07:49 PM
I got my MACO set after 209 stf's, got 2 prottype armor on my KDF, and that was 500 stf's ago.
so after 700 stf's 5 prototypes tech's. and yes i'm playing all 3 elite ground stf's.
Armor = Ka, weapon = Cure, PSG (shield) = Infected.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-28-2012, 08:10 PM
I've given up again on doing Elite STF missions yet again untill this mess delt with.. Its yet another good old fashioned MMO grind. Funny thing is, is that for waht you want even WOW has a better drop rate for the gear you want. And an option to earn gear from repeated runs.

So much for this being a "Casual" MMO.. when the non-casual players can't get the gear after far to many runs.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-06-2012, 06:16 AM
hell id like to see more tech drops to from what i was told ya have to get the optional mission to get tech drops witch i think is bs considering that most the time ya fail it
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-06-2012, 06:57 AM
Hey Guys I put forward compromise solution to this issue Here.
Take a look see what you think.
Closed Thread